Chapter 39: The Wake

Nayeon's POV

The wake-up call that made everything work in my body. I tried to move my hand. All I could see is darkness. I don't want to live in darkness. I want to wake up.

"Nayeon!"

I'm gonna wake up.

"Nayeon!"

Slowly, everything appeared before my eyes. The lights were different. The decors were plainly set. My whole body's a sore. A tingling pain on my left ankle. I cannot fully support myself.

"Where am I?"

There are the faces of the people I was together with, previously. Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo, and. Where are the two?

"Don't pressure yourself. You are not fully healed.", Jihyo calmed me down.

"Is Mina guarding Y/N?", all that's inside my head was her. "They're nowhere around."

"Why are you so persistent when it comes to Y/N?"

"Of course! I can't let her be!", I shook my body, but behaved when I could feel body malaise. "You see the time? It's already 5 am! Please, tell me that Mina was taking good care of her. It wasn't long ago when I almost lost her because of those monsters!"

"Fine.", Jihyo settled. "I don't know where both of them are. Y/N wants to be alone to tour around the hospital. It's new for her so, we let her be. It wasn't that long since she disappeared from here. She'll be back soon."

"How could you-"

"Give her liberty, Nayeon.", Jeongyeon was the one who spoke out too soon. "This is not her world. We don't want her to be ignorant her whole life in this world."

"You are right.", I surrendered myself. "This selfishness just because I own her."

"Guys!"

The door suddenly opened, like it will be removed from its place. The hands that were holding the doorway. Mina was panting and is now doubtful to tell us what could've made her like this, since she saw my opened eyes.

"Was someone catching up on you?!", Jihyo pulled Mina inside and locked the door. "Did you find Y/N? Nayeon would be disappointed if she is lost once again."

"That."

Diaphoresis. How could Mina be filled with transudation? She is anxious enough and that made us worry about her situation.

"Tell us what happened Mina."

"I need to find Y/N.", Jeongyeon was about to open the door, when Mina burst out.

"It's Y/N!", she grabbed Jeongyeon back. "Let me explain it first."

"What happened to Y/N?!", both Jeongyeon and I was exaggerated and moved ferociously.

"I know both of you likes Y/N, but let Mina explain it first.", Jihyo said out of nowhere. "Now, discourse."

"What are you talking about?!", Jeongyeon and I were blushing.

"I admit, I followed her.", Mina needed more oxygen to speak coherently. "I was just wary of the time, but I distanced myself a few meters from her so that she wouldn't see me."

"You!", Jeongyeon burned.

"I lost her."

Jeongyeon's fire was splashed by water after hearing what Mina said. I felt my body tensed up also.