Chapter 24: The Hero

Y/N's POV

The hero fell on the floor bleeding. Another hero showed up. The hero of my hero is looking straight at me. Am I the protagonist of this story?

"Jihyo! Stop that!", Nayeon shouted but Jihyo did not even listen. "What have you done to him?"

Yes, it was Jihyo. The big eyes that give me goosebumps as if she has authority over me. I kneeled on the floor bowing.

"He deserved it."

Leaving the scene with those words, people made a pathway as she passed by them then went inside the restaurant again.

"Jeongyeon!", the reason why I kneeled on the front. "Let's get her inside."

Nayeon couldn't do something for me so she aided Jeongyeon to help me. At least, that's what she could do because she was late. We went inside and all the members were standing shocked because of the fight that happened outside. Jihyo was nowhere to be found.

"Oh my gosh!", Erika went to Jeongyeon's side. "Y/N! Get the first aid! It's near the bathroom!"

They were too busy on Jeongyeon so I'm the only one who searched for the kit. Water drops inside the silent bathroom. The heavy breathing of someone could also be heard. I went inside and the latter who was looking at herself in the mirror turned her attention towards me. Blood was rushing in the sink. That came from her hand. Her hand was now clearer and I could see some sores. Seeing her hand, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. That must have broken his jaw. For a girl like her, she seemed like she got used to using her knuckles.

"When are you gonna stop staring at this?", her eyes landed on her knuckles.

"That must've hurt. Wait for a moment.", I opened the kit but her other hand stopped me from doing so.

"You think my hand hurts?", now, that was a sudden question.

"You're a human so of course, it will hurt."

I took her hands regardless of how scared I am because of Nayeon and Jeongyeon's warning about her. I was about to apply the ointment but she took her hand away.

"I'm okay.", she shook her head. "That was meant for Jeongyeon, right? Go there to her now. Don't worry about this. This pain was already covered by another pain."

"Huh? What did you mean by that?", I continued talking to her. "Ahh. Right. I have to go to Jeongyeon now."

"Why do you talk casually about Jeongyeon's name like you seem to know her? Why do you talk casually in front of me?", what is she talking about? "People wouldn't talk to us like that. Nevermind about that. Of course, not everyone is fond of us."

"The hero would be uncomfortable if I act like that.", I tried to walk away from her again.

"Why do you seem so familiar?"

Nayeon's POV

"What took you so long?!", Erika immediately grabbed the kit from Y/N's hands.

"No, let me.", Y/N didn't let it be easy this time. "I am responsible for this."

The ice bag was taken away as her hands replaced it. The brush of her hand was more tender than the cotton with betadine that was brushed on Jeongyeon's face. My back turned away seeing that. I could've been the hero. Her hero.