Chapter 8: The Sunset

Nayeon's POV

There was a stillness in the hallway as the lights turned on. We are both looking at each other in the eyes. Tick tock. No no no no. I grabbed the doll from her without looking back. To my room!

"Nayeon?!", Jeongyeon called after me. "Yah!"

Jeongyeon please don't follow me! Not this time! Just next time! I looked behind and saw a long-legged creature running towards me. Kindly stop that ostrich! I hopped towards my door and the doorknob pivoted. Locked! There are some sparks going around my room. Of course, it's midnight.

"Hmm? Why are you carrying me?"

I never should've focused too much on my door. I turned to face the owner of the voice who's legs were in between my arms. I was carrying this human doll. She wasn't that heavy though. Maybe that's the reason why I didn't realize I was still carrying her.

"It's making me uncomfortable.", her face blushed and I realized that our faces were just inches away.

"Kya!", my hands freed her from me then I banged my head on the door.

"Nayeon?!", Jeongyeon will you please stop?

"I heard the commotion. What's going on?", Jihyo is still awake?

"Two different voices.", I felt her chin on top of my shoulder blades. "Do you want me to hide again?"

My head rotated unconsciously towards that down voice. Why am I forgetting everything outside that door? Does this doll have some powers? Again, our faces. The distance. She didn't recoil cause she was dead serious on what I'm gonna order her.

"Just open the door."

She commanded me instead of telling me to trust her. I admit there was a doubt. What is better than making my members doubt me? I opened the door slowly not looking at the latter.

"I heard Jeongyeon's voice.", Jihyo burst out. "What's happening? Why is she calling out your name in a loud tone?"

I expected Jihyo and Jeongyeon to be surprised at the sight that there's another person together with me. Why aren't they mentioning anything?

"I called her because she was searching for something in the dark!", Jeongyeon finally admitted to Jihyo.

"I was only searching for my doll. I'm just worried I lost her! You know how forgetful I am! I even forget that I put my own eyeglass in the refrigerator! Why do you even have her in the first place?!"

"Aish. Will both of you stop bickering with each other?! The two of you are older than me!"

"Momo took your doll cause she introduced your doll to her other dolls!", Jeongyeon ignored the fact that Jihyo was being a referee. "I was about to give her back to you cause Momo fell asleep but you snatched her away in horror!"

The argument ended up being fixed when Jihyo forcefully asked both of us to apologize to each other. Ahh. I wasn't able to talk to Y/N last night. If Jeongyeon didn't act stupidly, I would've spent time with her. I did not even know where she went last night. I opened my closet and yes, there she is. As always.

"Ahh! I'm so glad that we finished earlier today!", Chaeyoung explained once we arrived back in our own place.

"That's right.", Jeongyeon agreed. "Anyone wants to go out with me?"