Chapter 42: The Choice

Y/N's POV

"Isn't Nayeon coming with us?", I hesitated to mention her name, but I still did.

"Nope.", we were walking hand-in-hand.

"Even Momo, Jihyo, and Mina?"

"Nope."

People were sliding around a big Christmas tree in the center. The Christmas lights were reflecting on the ice.

"Ouch!", I reacted when a kid slid and fell. "I bet that hurts a lot!"

"Here you go.", Jeongyeon gave me shoes with a sharp metal below. "We are gonna enjoy our time here."

The man guarding the entrance, greeted us when he opened the gate for us to enter. My feet landed but it seems like I couldn't get my balance. I tried to look around and some people are using a guide while they are skating.

"I could try it!"

"Ahuh. No.", Jeongyeon laughed at me. "You don't need such a thing. All you need is me."

Jeongyeon held my hand tightly, then she waved at the people letting us pass on the center. How could Jeongyeon have such a great balance in this area? She kept on circling and circling creating screeches on the ice.

"Feeling good there?", she asked me a question.

"Cold."

"You always say that."

"How are you so good at this?"

"That's a secret.", she winked at me as her pace went faster than before. "You wouldn't enjoy this yourself if you would keep on holding me tight, Y/N."

"What are you suggesting, Jeongyeon?"

From the fast pace to a slower pace. The hand that was holding me to guide me and to prevent me from falling, lightened its grip.

"Don't do this.", I'm shaking as I closed my eyes. "I swear, don't ever do this. I'll hate you."

I looked around to see if people are looking on my side. It would be shameful enough if what happened to that kid would happen to me.

"Relax. I'll release you sooner so you could do it on your own. It would be more fun. You'll get used to the ice. Wait in a couple of minutes."

"Jeongyeon, don't let me go!"

"Huh?"

"I said-"

On a straight pathway, I wasn't able to feel the hands that were holding me. How could she let go of me like that?

"Off you go!", am I a joke to you?

"Ahhh!"

Nayeon's POV

"Y/N where?", Mina just went directly into my room. "Jeongyeon isn't even in her room. Something's up?"

It's been an hour and even if I tried to make myself lose consciousness, I cannot because of this heaviness.

"What's with the mood?"

"Nothing.", I tried to go back to sleep again. "I'm tired. Could you go back to your room now?"

"Yeah. Emotions could drain your energy.", Mina refused as she sat beside me. "You were forcing yourself to accept that Jeongyeon was to confess her feelings?"