Chapter 14: The Phone

Nayeon's POV

"What do you mean?"

"Look at this!", a phone was revealed.

"What about that?"

"I saw that in your treehouse!", how about my doll? "The camera flashed while I am talking with your father! Your father climbed there to look at what just happened! He saw this!"

"Then you might have seen?", I asked smoothly since my mother was panicking on what she discovered.

"The stalker?", my mom became absentminded for a moment. "I'm sorry we did not find the stalker, Nayeon."

"What?", I nudged Jeongyeon's side when she asked my mother.

"Come on, mom. I did not come for this.", taking the phone from my mother's hand, I gave her my eyesmile. "This phone is my extra phone. I might have dropped this when Jeongyeon surprised me in the treehouse."

"Then, who could've flashed that camera?"

Jeongyeon, answer for me, please. Help me again. Please, receive my mind signal. Jjirit.

"Ahjumma, it was raining at that time. Maybe it was just the flash of the lighting!", a good one, Jeong!

"And the shutter sound?"

"The ripples of the rain that fell onto something you did not notice!", I reasoned out and wished we aren't that bad in lying.

"We saw another thing.", here goes the thrill again making my stomach ache in fear. "Your doll."

"What is it?", our ears perked to listen very well.

"She's in your room. Why did you even leave her there?"

Jeongyeon and I had a staring competition. I will not let an ostrich win this time! Our feet were prepared to take off when mom grabbed both of us and made us sit with foods in front of us.

"Why are you rushing? Dinner first!"

"Did you think your mom found out about Y/N?", Jeongyeon was looking back and forth as we were walking towards my room.

"I don't think so. She might've mentioned it if she found out about her."

"I really hope so!"

The inside of my room was cleaner than what I left it to be. Did mom clean my room? Thank you, then.

"Look out!", my whole body was slammed on the floor when Jeongyeon shoved me forcefully.

"What's wrong with you?!"

Sorry was visible on her face but she pointed below her and there was the doll on the floor. Did she attempt to flee from my mom?

"I was just worried for Y/N!", she took her by the arms. "Why aren't you even watching your way?"

"What the-"

"And why would your mom even place her on the floor?!", she seemed so annoyed.

"I bet my mom didn't!", argument again.

"Then, how can you explain that?!"

"She might've transformed, Jeongyeon!"

We stopped arguing for a moment when she took care of my doll. My trash can is full. If mom cleaned here, she should've emptied this. Aish. Y/N, did you? The gift wrapper, red tag, and envelope were there.