Chapter 4- Dinner

What was I thinking?! I actually agreed to a date

What was I thinking?! I actually agreed to a date. How did that happen? Oh yeah, he's extremely hot and he called me gorgeous, along with saying 'please'. I swear I'm losing my mind.

Dressing for this is possibly one of the most difficult things I've done in a VERY long time. I know that's an extreme exaggeration, but here I am, trying on every dress I own and suddenly hating them all. Meg came over to my cabin to help me get ready, but I'm still completely lost.

"I hate my clothes! Why do I even have all this? They just end up in a suitcase and I never wear them."

"Let me check my cabin, I'll be right back."

"I can't wear your clothes! I'm twice your size!"

But she either didn't hear me while sprinting to her place or chose to ignore me. After about 20 minutes, she came back with a fantastic black dress.

"How am I supposed to fit into this?"

"It's too long on me, it goes past my knees and, which is so not my style."

"So why do you even have it?"

"Thought I'd give a shot. Epic fail."

Megan tried so hard to act younger, but we were the same age. It made me giggle while I slipped on the dress. I couldn't believe my eyes, it fit! And well! The stretchy material is super comfortable and makes my curves look almost... deliberate. Although, I do wish it was a little longer, it came to my mid-thigh. But I was actually looking forward to his reaction now.

"Wow! We are so going clubbing once this camp session is done. You look hot in that dress. You are so gonna get you laid soon, even if I have to do it myself."

That made me laugh, hard. Megan is a lot of things, but she's not gay. Not by a long shot. She does relationships, because she truly believes in our camp mission, but she really good at finding the wrong man, everytime.

There actually was a time I considered trying my luck with a woman. Maybe it wouldn't hurt, but the more I looked, the more I realized I'm just not attracted to them. I'm thankful I have good friends who are gay, often former guests at camps. They showed me the light and made me see what I already knew, that it's not a choice.

"Meg if we were attracted to each other, I would have had you long ago."

That made her jump in on the laughter.

"Ok, now shut up and let me pretty you up for Mr. Sexy. Don't worry, I'll keep it light. Just gotta bring out those fantastic eyes. Ugh, I would kill for your eyes."

"Now who needs to shut up and get to work?"