Chapter 23- Exes

"Eli!!! Where do you think you're going? None of us have even gotten to dance with you yet

"Eli!!! Where do you think you're going? None of us have even gotten to dance with you yet."

Shit... it's the bridal party! Fuck!!!

"Hi Ellie, we were heading out, sorry."

"Aren't you going to introduce us to your... companion?"

I looked at CeCe and couldn't tell if she was angry, annoyed, jealous, or what. But she looked about ready to kill someone. She started clinging to my arm, so I pulled her into me and whispered in her ear.

"It's okay, love. Just my sisters friends, they like messing with me. Always have."

"Ladies, this is my girlfriend, CeCe. CeCe, these are Sarah's friends. Ellie, Cady, Rina, Trish, Willow, Leah, Dyna, and Kit. The other three bridesmaids are our cousins and then our sister. That makes twelve. Did I miss anyone?"

They all squealed! It was like a horror movie! There was a collective 'oh my God!!!' and I felt an instant headache coming on.

"CeCe, you are one lucky girl! This guy... this man... is harder to pin down than a poster!"

What the fuck was that supposed to mean?!

"Um... thanks?"

"Seriously, girl. I'm pretty sure all of us have dated him at one point, but he always said no to an actual relationship! I'm super jelly! Can I get some pointers?"

"Leah! What the fuck?! Why would you say that? First of all, I've had girlfriends... sometimes. Second, what the fuck?!"

All eight girls burst out laughing. I wasn't sure what I said that was so funny, but the look on CeCe's face was much clearer now. She was pissed. I just hoped that her anger was at them, not me.

"Ohh... you guys! We're scaring the poor lady. She's obviously older than Eli and has tamed him. Hey CeCe, is he still a killer in the sack?"

"That's it! We're out of here! I would say that it was nice to see you, but it wasn't. Fuck off!"

I turned to go and I saw tears in her eyes. This is not good! God! I hate those skanks! Why Sarah continues to hang out with them, is a mystery to me. Why I ever thought going on a date with any or all of them, is an even bigger mystery! I'd hated how I treated women for years. Not that it stopped me from flirting, or even the occasional hook-up, but at least I didn't fuck around anymore.

Once we were down the hall and out-of-sight of the vultures, I pulled her to me. I leaned in for a kiss and she actually turned her head away.

"How many?"

"What?"

"How many women were you with before me?"

Dammit!

"CeCe, I can't stand here and tell you that I'm a saint, or anything like that. What I can say is that it's all in my past. Distant even. Back then, I thought the more girls I took to bed, the more of a man I was. But I grew up quick. That's not me anymore. Do you understand?"