Chapter 17- Forward

After talking to CeCe's mom, which I thought would be terrifying, I was feeling even better about our relationship

After talking to CeCe's mom, which I thought would be terrifying, I was feeling even better about our relationship. I know we have some serious issues to work through, but I really want to make this work.

"Can we go inside and talk?"

"Of course! Head on in and I'll pick up."

"Eli, thank you for that."

"Well, wait till you meet my family. There's more drama with them than there is on Broadway! I can deal with an overbearing mother."

I sent her a quick wink, and she feigned offense. After taking everything inside, I turned on my sound system to classical music. Low volume, just to set a nice ambiance. She seemed to love it, when I got into the living room, she had her eyes closed and was swaying.

"Fan of Bach?"

"Yes! Especially this one! The cello is my favorite instruction, played it in high school. I love the way it sounds."

"Good to know. Good to know."

For a second she looked over at me with a questioning stare, but it was gone as quickly as it started.

"Ok, what are we talking about?"

Outside I was playing it cool. Inside, however, major freak out. What is she going to say? Is she going to say we can't be together because of her work?

"As we both know, we're over halfway through my camp. Which means I have to leave in less than two weeks."

I pull her on to my lap and hold her to my chest. It's the conversation I'd feared the most, since realizing how I really felt about her.

"I know. Just please don't tell me that you can't see me anymore. I'll figure it out. I'm sure some time apart won't be so bad, and when you don't have a camp, you could stay here. Or I could take some time off and go where you are. Just please don't give up on us, not after everything we've said and done!"

"Whew.... Eli, breathe. I'm pretty sure you said all that in one breath."

I try to breathe, but it's getting fucking hard to when there's even the slightest chance we're over.

"Eli, I love you. And that's not something I just say to anyone. I have three people I can say that about. My Mom, Megan, and now you. I'd said it to Paul, but I know what we had was far from love. Now, what I have for you has felt more real than ANY of the time I was with him. So, I want to figure out how we can be together. I'm sure it won't be easy, but together we can figure it out."

"Thank you! Yes, we can absolutely figure it out! Should we invite Meg over to discuss it? I know she's your business partner."

"Um... I guess we could. Plus it'd be nice to hang out with her away from the camp, but still close."