Chapter 11- Healing

We pulled it off! CeCe seemed genuinely surprised and happy

We pulled it off! CeCe seemed genuinely surprised and happy. Even with her asshole of an ex crashing the party, the night ended with her smiling from ear to ear.

I took her back to her cabin, but insisted she just grab a few things, she was staying with me tonight. I had planned on just asking her, but when I saw how scared she was of her ex, there was no question.

After some back and forth, she agreed. It didn't take long to put a bag together and drive to my place. I had hoped to attempt to get her in the boat, but with how she felt, I wasn't going to push it.

"Thank you for tonight. Everything was beautiful and so thoughtful. I'm overwhelmed by it all."

"Honey, you're worth it! I just want to take care of you. I'm glad you're staying over. I promise you have nothing to worry about from me."

"I know."

It warmed my heart to see her smile and hear the honest admiration in her voice. I couldn't wait to hold her again.

We walked through the door and straight back to my bedroom. She didn't hesitate, which surprised me. I was so sure she would freak out about sleeping in my bed. But instead she asked if she could take a quick shower, then took her bag in with her. I desperately wanted to join her. I sat on the side of the bed and held my face in my hands.

After about 20 minutes, she was out and dressed for bed. It looked like she hadn't washed her hair, that was good. I can't imagine sleeping on a wet pillow would be comfortable.

"Thanks for the shower, it's all yours."

I hated to leave her any longer, but I really did need one. I had been out in the sun almost all day. I was surprised she even let me touch her during the party, but was grateful she had. I didn't take long, I wanted to get in bed before she fell asleep.

That didn't work out so well. When I walked out, she was out. I knew she had been tired, so I should have expected it. I just really wanted to at least get a kiss or two in first. It was okay, though. We had all day the next day to do whatever she wanted.

When I woke up she was still asleep. At some point during the night she had found her way into my arms. It was glorious. She looked like an angel. I laid there and just watched her sleep. I had never done anything like that with any other woman that stayed over. Usually I was annoyed and just wanted to be able to get up. But not with her.

I stayed for as long as I could, but eventually mother nature called and I had to let her go. When I came out of the restroom, she was still laying down, but had her eyes open. I sat next to her and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Morning, gorgeous."

"Morning, handsome."

We shared a smile at that.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast, you stay here and rest. I'll be right back."

I had gotten a recipe for egg-free pancakes and made sure it worked. To be honest I loved them. I'd made them a few times already and felt good about making them. I set the coffee pot and grabbed the ingredients. I knew I couldn't leave out the bacon, she might never come back if I did something like that. Once everything was cooking, she walked through the doorway.