Chapter 5- Teach

When I got back to my cabin I felt a rush of emotions

When I got back to my cabin I felt a rush of emotions. My body wanted so desperately to let him take me to bed, but my brain won out. It was a terrible idea. How could I string him along like that? It was cruel, to both of us.

Tears began to make their way down my cheeks. I couldn't hold them back anymore. All these years I'd convinced myself that I was happy without sex. As long as I kept others from making the same mistakes I did, my needs were unimportant. But I was just kidding myself. He was right, I didn't practice what I preached, and that hit me hard.

I took off the dress and jumped in the shower. It was tiny, and the hot water was a joke. I never took the nicest cabin, we reserved those for our married couples. Their comfort was more important. Although, right now I desperately wanted to soak in a tub with bath salts. Maybe I could sneak away and treat myself to a hotel room for a night. No, I have to follow the rules, set the example and all that.

Once I finished up and got into bed, all I could think about was him. His smell was woodsy and unmistakably male. Even after my shower, I could smell him on my skin. The way he touched me, kissed me, held me. It was too much. I was torn between rushing back to his place to let him ravish me, and vowing to avoid him at all costs. In the end I fell into a fitful sleep, dreaming about him making love to me, without pain.

***

The next day was a big one. Individual classes took place at every available building. I had a class for the virgin groups today. Based on the sign ups, I would be holding three sessions at different points throughout the day. It was my favorite class to teach, imparting my wisdom to those that (in my opinion) needed it most. Today was mixed gender, but the next week we would be splitting them up to go more in depth.

I've done this class countless times over the years, inevitably making changes along the way, but the basic structure is steady. So why was I so nervous? Oh, right, I had stupidly invited Eli to join in on classes, so he could show up any time. I found myself searching for him and flushing when I realized that I wanted him to show up.

He never did though. All day I imagined him striding up to me and hoisting me up against a wall again. I closed my eyes and could feel his hands on me. I was in deep trouble.

"Ms. Stratton?"

"Yes, sorry. What can I help you with?"

I fixed my eyes on a shy youth, probably 18, with a gentle beauty. She wasn't glamorous, but her high cheek bones and olive skin had me instantly jealous. I was turning into a version of myself that I wasn't comfortable with.

"Um... I was asked to give you this."

I furrowed my brow and stared at the letter placed in my hand. I thanked her and walked to a nearby tree, sat on the grass and opened the letter.

CeCe,

Please forgive my behavior last night. But I can't and won't apologize for being attracted to you, that would be lying. Maybe I was wrong in thinking you felt the same way, but I don't think so. I know you think you can't have a physical relationship, and I'm willing to do whatever I have to do to prove you wrong. I can take it slow, honest. I like you, despite everything in me saying not to, I do. Join me on the beach tonight? Technically it's a short trip for both of us, since I'm actually willing to take a boat across. Kidding, kind of. I'll be there at 9pm, I hope you will too.