Chapter 14- Stress

My throat felt like a cat got caught in it and scratched everywhere, then left a huge furball inside

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My throat felt like a cat got caught in it and scratched everywhere, then left a huge furball inside. I remember the allergic reaction, the frantic rush to finds my meds, Eli... Eli!

I opened my eyes to see a very emotional Megan. I wanted to say her name, but realized I had a mask over my mouth. I finally got her attention by coughing as loud as my sore throat allowed, her head jumped up and she was at my side in about half a second. She ran out of the room, I assumed to get a nurse, even though she could have just hit the call button. That was Meg though.

A minute later she ran back in, a nurse walked behind at a steady pace. She checked my vitals and said she had notified the doctor, so he would only be a few minutes. He was the one who would decide if the oxygen could come off. I was starting to get anxious. My throat was so scratchy, I needed water, bad.

Once he came in and gave the okay to take me off the oxygen, a cup of water with a straw, was in front of me. It took three full cups to feel like I could talk, even a little.

"Eli?"

The question was to Megan, but she looked like she didn't know what to say.

"What?"

"He kind of got kicked out and banned from the hospital for a few days. Apparently he got into a fight with someone who was being rude. I don't know all the details. Oh! I need to call him! Be right back."

I was a mix of emotions. On one hand, how could he do that when I was in here possibly dying? On the other hand, it meant that he was so worked up that all it took was someone being rude to send him over the edge. He was worried about me. Even though he definitely shouldn't have done that, it was obvious he was struggling. I wanted to see him more than ever. If he wasn't allowed back here, then it could be days. I just had to pray that they released me soon. This had happened before, it'd been a long time, but I know my body and I heal pretty quickly.

Megan came back in and handed me her phone, the huge grin on her face told me exactly who it was.

"Eli?"

"God, CeCe! I'm so sorry! I can't believe I did this to you! If you had... if..."

"Shhhh... I'm okay. You don't need to be sorry. Now I know what mayo tastes like."

I let out a small laugh, but unfortunately that sent me into a coughing fit. Meg grabbed some more water and I didn't realize I had dropped the phone on the bed. I heard yelling and went to grab the phone, but Megan was faster.

"She's fine, don't worry. Just needed water. I promise, she's in one piece. Mmhhmm... Yep... No... Fine! Here."

She handed me the phone with an exaggerated eye roll.

"Hey"

"Ok, you, no more talking. I can't deal with that happening again."

My heart swelled and I could feel tears forming.