Chapter 26- Closing

CeCe got up and walked out, without even a backward glance

CeCe got up and walked out, without even a backward glance. Shit.

"So... that didn't go as well as I thought."

I just stared at Meg. What had I been thinking? I should have told her about my plans, but I meant it when I said I had become complacent. I'd all but given up on opening more grounds like this one. I was happy with my life, or so I thought. My priorities took a nose dive the minute I realized how I felt about her. I knew nothing would ever be the same.

"Megan? Can you give us some time to talk? I hate to be rude, but..."

"No need to worry. I was just about to excuse myself anyway. Tell CeCe I said goodnight..... It'll be okay, just give her some time to think."

With that she went out the front and headed back to the camp. I knew CeCe had gone out back, I just hoped she'd be okay with me at least being with her.

I stepped outside to find her sitting on the small pier. Her shoes were off and she kicked the water softly. I watched for a minute, just picturing her there. Maybe even watching our kids swimming. The thought of kids had always made me break out in a cold sweat! But not anymore.

Just then, she looked over at me. It was like a magnet pulling me towards her.

"Hey. Mind if I join you?"

She let out a soft laugh and I had to hold myself back from taking her right there! I had to position myself so she couldn't see exactly what she was doing to me.

"Eli? Swear to me you're not going to spend millions of dollars just so I'll stay here with you."

Fuck. I'd never thought of it like that. Each camp was insanely expensive, and I had dropped the idea of expanding, so I guess it made sense that she saw it that way.

"I thought you didn't like me swearing."

She gave me a look that spoke volumes. Mainly 'you know very well that that's not what I meant', so I huffed out a sigh and told her the truth.

"I swear that I had originally intended to expand. The fact that doing so will help you, and allow you the freedom to be here with me is just a bonus. A huge bonus for me."

She leaned towards me and I immediately took her in my arms. How could I even begin to tell her just how much having her here meant.

Then I knew. Letting her go was simply not an option. Ever. I looked down at her and met her eyes with mine. Her gorgeous eyes that captivated me from day one. And I was lost.

***

"Meg? I need your help, again. Can we meet up later? Say in 30 minutes?"

The call to Megan after CeCe went to sleep was almost intimidating. My blood pressure was going through the roof! Was I seriously going through with this? The shriek on the other end of the phone did little to help my heart rate, or the growing headache.