Chapter 24- Regret

One more week

One more week. How was I supposed to deal with only being here one more week?! After this camp ends, we only had a few weeks to set up our next session. We usually had tried to give ourselves a month, sometimes two, between camps. But a lot of that had to do with grounds available, teachers schedules, and a million other things. I was so grateful to have Megan. She handled all that stuff, it was a serious talent. I just couldn't wrap my head around leaving Eli.

Thinking of Megan, I decided to call her. When she didn't pick up, I got worried. She always picked up. There were a few times I had wished she hadn't, when she was 'busy'.

"Meg, I had wanted to talk, but maybe your phone is dead, or something. Anyway, call me back. I really need some advice! Yeah... just... call me."

I hated leaving voicemail! I thought about texting her, but knowing her, she would see the missed call and just call me right back. Probably wouldn't even check her voicemail. Oh well.

"Ms. Stratton? Do you have a second?"

"Sure Jeremy, also, please... call me CeCe."

"Okay, well, I wanted to tell you how much we appreciate everything. My wife and I have been on the cusp of divorce for over a year. These last few weeks have been exactly what we needed. It's not just the sex, even though it's been great. It's been to communication, the intimacy, and stuff. It's hard for me to explain it actually..."

"Jeremy, there's no need. I completely understand. We call this a sex camp, but that's really just the root of it. If I could call this 'Church, Sex, Intimacy, Commitment, Communication, and More Camp', I would. We're so much more than just one thing. Asking people to take a month out of their lives seems a lot, but the payout is huge."

"Absolutely! I'd do this again in a heartbeat! I'll be sure to recommend this to people too. You'll be back in this area next year, right?"

"It might not be this venue, but it'll be the Midwest. Honestly, we might already have a place picked, but since I don't deal with that side of things, I have no idea where. Check to website often though. Recommendations are our life blood!"

We talked for another few minutes and shared a few laughs. His wife, Melissa, came up and hugged his back. The smile on his face was massive. It reminded me why I do this. Suddenly I felt tears at the back of my eyes and I had to excuse myself. My classes were done for the day and since Megan wasn't answering, I needed to see Eli.

It took a while to walk to his place. Being on the other side of the lake, and even though he had gotten me into a boat, I wouldn't go in one alone, it was a long walk. About half way there, I noticed the Jeep. Megan was using it that day, so it had to be her. But she didn't stop, I was sure she saw me. I was starting to get upset. Where had she been? Why wasn't she answering my calls? What was going on?!

I got to Eli's house and let myself in.

"Eli? Hello?"

"CeCe?! Hey! What are you doing here? I thought you had a class."