Chapter 8- Water

What now?! He's just outside, waiting for me! Same as I found him this morning! I had only left to check on Megan and give her the camp phone

What now?! He's just outside, waiting for me! Same as I found him this morning! I had only left to check on Megan and give her the camp phone. Thankfully he left and Megan was feeling better. She immediately knew something was wrong, but it was still too hard to talk about. I asked her if she'd be willing to take over my duties for the day so I could rest. She was happy to, especially since I had covered several days for her.

She promised to bring me some bacon and fruit from the cafeteria, along with the biggest cup of coffee available. I love that girl. Then collapsed on my bed and fell asleep. About an hour later I woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon, two of the food groups, I'm sure.

After I ate, I decided to read. I pulled out my Bible and found where I'd left off. I've read through it multiple times, but I always caught something new. I also loved exploring different translations, it was almost like a new book every time. I'd even gotten into the habit of comparing passages between them. If there was such a thing as a scripture geek, I would be one, for sure.

After a few hours spent between reading and feeling sorry for myself, I knew I had to get up. I was not a dormant person and I was starting to feel claustrophobic. I hadn't gotten to shower before bed, so I grabbed a towel and prayed for warmer water than the last time. I guess the trick is to shower during the day, because my prayers were answered!

After I turned off the water I heard knocking on the cabin door.

"CeCe! Let me in. I just saw Megan and I need to to talk to you!"

No! Damn! What do I do?! I'm naked! Maybe he'll go away if I'm super quiet.

"CeCe, I have a master key to every building on the property. I don't want to use it, but I will if I have to."

Shoot! This cannot be happening! I yelled as loud as I could.

"No! Please, just leave me alone."

"I'm coming in!"

Not good! Why hadn't I moved yet? I reached out of the shower, grabbed the towel, and threw it on. I was hoping to stop him before he came in, so he wouldn't see me like this. But the second I opened the bathroom door I slipped. Brilliant! Not drying off will do that. To make matters worse I hit my knee on the doorframe. I hissed, that's going to bruise.

He barged in and saw me on the floor. I immediately closed my legs and hid my face. I wasn't sure I could be more embarrassed.

"Shit! CeCe! Are you okay?!"

No, I'm not. Not at all. Saying the words however was completely out of my abilities at that point.

He looked at my knee and noticed a trail of blood. Fantastic, I'm bleeding on the floor, in only a towel.

He reached under the bed for something, I silently hoped it was the lever to plummet me into the floor, but it turned to be a first aid kit. He looked at it for a few seconds before he turned back to me. He stopped and gasped, now what? Do I have a spider on me? Or something else horrible to add to my misery. He quickly turned around and put the first aid kit behind his back, handing it to me.