Chapter 16- Rest

I woke up in Eli's arms, it was heavenly

I woke up in Eli's arms, it was heavenly. His masculine scent had quickly become my favorite, woodsy and amazing. I looked over at the time and it was just 2pm, so I thought I'd call Meg to get an update. As I was wiggling out of his hold, he pulled me back.

"Nu-uh, you're not going anywhere. Unless you need the toilet, that's the only excuse I'll take."

I turned around to see a huge grin on his face, eyes still closed.

"I was going to call Meg, but now that you've said it, I need to pee. Thanks."

He laughed and let go of me, for a second.

"No phone calls though. She knows the deal and got one of your other teachers to help her for a few days. So, go pee and then we'll have lunch. As much as I'd rather stay here all day."

I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, sneakily grabbing my phone on the way. After relieving myself, I sent a quick text to Meg, asking who is helping her and to see if she needed my help. Her response was an emphatic, no. I was not to worry about anything camp related for the rest of the week. How the hell was I supposed to do that??!! I've lived and breathed this camp for years, a day off here and there, but never a week! Eli will freak, but I am definitely not staying away for that long.

"So, what did Meg say?"

He was talking through the door, of course he knew I grabbed my phone.

"She's being a good sheep and following orders. I'll be right out."

I washed my hands, again, and went into the kitchen. It was the first time I really saw everything he had gotten for me (and gotten rid of). All cookies were vegan, tons of veggies and fruit, and (my favorite) egg-free mayo!

"Can I have a sandwich?! Please?!"

"Seriously? That's what you want?"

"I want to try the new stuff. And I honestly was loving the taste of the... well you know. All the bread is egg-free too, right?"

"Yes, ma'am. Only the best for you."

I couldn't help myself, I launched into his arms, almost knocking him over. I may be tall, but he's taller. He picked me off the ground and swung me around, then planted a soft kiss on my lips before letting me down.

"I love you, CeCe."

"And I love you, Eli."

The look in his eyes made my heart flip. I knew then and there that this was it for me. He was it. Then panic set in. I have less than two weeks here, then I'm off to a camp in Virginia for another month. How could I leave him? But how could I leave my camp?! It's too important to me! These thoughts are screaming at me and all I can do is look into his eyes, bewitched.

"What were you thinking about? You seemed a million miles away."

"I don't know if I want to talk about it right now, it's some serious, life-changing stuff."