Chapter 25- Home

"Wait

"Wait. Home base? I'm confused."

Meg wasn't making any sense.

"We spend so much time every year trying to decide where we're going to go, negotiating prices, dealing with details that should be easy, but aren't. If we were to pick a stationary location for each season, we could reduce costs and create relationships with specific camp grounds."

I could see where this was going, but I couldn't see how limiting our camp to designated areas would solve the problem at hand.

"Ummm... that sounds good, but I'm still traveling almost half the year. How will stationary locations make any difference?"

"Gotcha boss! I knew you were going to ask about that! Eli, didn't I say that that would be her first question?!"

He simply nodded while pinching his nose between his eyes. I could tell that Meg had likely gone on about that for a while. But I had a lot more questions.

"Am I gonna get an answer?"

"Oh! Right! Okay, so we have an amazing staff and we've both said that bringing in, or promoting someone we already have, to help us with the management side of things would be a good idea. I'm 100% on board with that plan! It'll help make things way easier, for both of us."

"Hold on. You want to add staff? Our schedules are hectic enough, I have no idea who would do what we do, not without a hefty paycheck, which we don't have the resources for."

"Holy Hand Grenade! I said you would say that too! Maybe not the exact words, but close!"

"Megan! Focus."

"Right. Sorry. With an established camp that will be close by that specific managers area, we could easily find teachers we already employ, or we'd only have to hire them for up to six weeks a year. But every camp would have a manager and assistant manager. So that way we would only be actually working at our own camps! Get it?!"

I was even more confused than before. Was she suggesting that we handle our own area and not work together anymore? Or that... I didn't even know what!

"Okay, let me get this straight. You want to have an established camp for each region, and staff each camp based on location. Wouldn't that reduce the amount of guests? Wouldn't that dilute the message? I want to follow your train of thought here, but I'm struggling to understand everything."

Meg and Eli looked at each other and let out a collective sigh. I knew they were getting frustrated, but so was I.

"CeCe, sweetie... we want to make it so you and I don't have to run all over the country every month. This will work! Eli and I even looked at possible locations for the other camps. I..."

"I get it, sort of. I just can't imagine not being a part of each camp session. I want to make this work too, but I'm having a hard time seeing it."