Chapter 27- Change

The last day

The last day. It had always been rough, but this was by far the hardest one ever. I knew I still had a couple more days to spend with Eli, but it would be different. The camp would be over and I would be getting ready to leave. He had another group coming, so he'd be preparing for them. I was struggling.

I went by every area in the camp and thanked all the workers. The kitchen staff had turned out to be amazing. The people running the activity center, the maintenance guys, everyone made the camp a success. The last place I had to go to was the pool.

I knew Eli and Darren had their differences, but I enjoyed his company. Plus he had been a great lifegaurd. I'd been to my fair share of grounds that didn't even have a full-time pool staff, so having that available made life easier on us. He was also a sweetheart.

"Darren! Hey, you got a second?"

"Hey! CeCe! How're you doing, beautiful? Are you swimming?"

"Not today. I wish though. It's our last day here, and I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work."

He started snickering and it took me a minute to realize he was thinking dirty.

"Yes, I said 'hard'. Very funny."

"It's always hard around you, gorgeous."

Ugh. Okay, after that I understood why Eli had problem with him.

"You're sweet, but I'm kind of taken."

The look on his face was a mix of mischievousness and hurt. I hadn't realized just how much he actually liked me. I thought it had just been flirtation. I'd had several men flirt with me over the years, but it never even occured to me they would want more. Until Eli.

"Darren, you're great, and I'm sure a young woman will be extremely lucky to have someone like you someday. But you have to know that I'm not that woman."

"I know. I just wish I'd met you first. You know?"

I felt so bad. How could I possibly tell him that it never would have happened? He was way too young, and at the time, I didn't think I'd ever be with anyone again. It took Eli to pull me out of my shell.

I gave him a hug and started to pat his back. But he had other ideas. His hands moved down my back and he pulled me closer. I tried to back away, but he held on tight. I felt his bulge growing and I was getting extremely uncomfortable.

"Get your fucking hands off of her!!!"

Eli!

Darren didn't listen. He grabbed my ass and squeezed. That was it. I took hold of his wrists and pried them from my body. Then I threw him in the pool. It was a good thing too, because Eli looked ready to kill him when he got to us. I hadn't thought it was possible, but Darren really was an asshole!

"You're fired!!! Get your shit and get out of here!"

Darren just laughed. What the hell?

"You got it, boss."