Chapter 13- Confession

"Come on! You're seriously telling me that you've never seen Firefly?! How is that even possible?"

"It only lasted one season, how good could it have been?"

I sat there with my mouth hanging open. Was she serious!

"One perfect, amazing season. It was cancelled far too soon, but the story is timeless. They made a movie to bring it to a close, but the show was way better."

How? If she likes sci-fi, how has she not seen Firefly?!

"We're so watching it! Like now!"

"Wait, I thought we were watching Doctor Who."

The pout on her face was just too much. We'd already watched six episodes and it was getting late. She hadn't been hungry enough for lunch, which I could understand, but I wouldn't let her skip dinner too. So I made an executive decision.

"You know what? Let's put together a picnic and eat by the lake."

"Mmhhmm, I don't want to watch your show and suddenly you want to get me out of the house. I get it."

For a split second I thought she was serious, but the look on her face was pure mischievousness. She was so beautiful, even when she teased me. Was I really going to be able to let her go? How could I? But how could I ask her to stay when she's so passionate about her work? I knew how important it was to her, and understood far better after our talk.

She taught others that sex wasn't just about release. It was about being intimate and loving both them and yourself. I wish she felt comfortable enough to be totally honest about her story, more people would see how much she's had to deal with, more people would take the time to learn from his mistakes.

When I think about what he did to her, my blood boils. All I want to do is hold her, protect her, love her. It was taking some getting used to, but I was sure that I was in love with CeCe. It wasn't just her beauty, I knew that the minute I saw her. It went so much deeper. She's the first woman I've even contemplated spending my whole life with. I never thought I would or could. I was too selfish, and coveted my privacy. Even with my staff, being alone gave me peace. Now I can't fathom a life without her in it.

"I know you're just teasing, but if I had my way, you'd be in this house all the time."

I gave her a smirk and she threw a pillow at my head. Instinctively I reached for her and discovered something invaluable, CeCe is ticklish!

"Eli! I swear on everything good and holy, if you tickle me again I cannot be held accountable for my actions!"

That wasn't going to stop me. She held up her hand and ran away laughing. Oh she was so going to get it. We rounded the kitchen, I could easily have caught her, but the chase was too good to resist. Finally I grabbed her, picked her up, and threw her back on the couch. Her giggles were like music the my ears.