Chapter 21- Reception

Paul was in the fucking wedding party! I was fuming, even though I knew it wasn't anyone's fault, I was mad at Mike for whatever role he played in having him there

Paul was in the fucking wedding party! I was fuming, even though I knew it wasn't anyone's fault, I was mad at Mike for whatever role he played in having him there. It was irrational, I knew that, but dammit that fucker is lucky to be alive.

After the seemingly endless ceremony, I ushered CeCe and her mom out if the room. I didn't stop to talk to anyone. Once we were outside, I turned to the beauty by my side.

"We can go. It'll be too hard to avoid him at the reception."

"No sir! We're going. I plan on meeting your family and you didn't buy me this amazing dress for it to sit in a pew."

"Ugh! Fine. But I swear, if that man touches you..."

She put her hand on my chest and nodded towards her Mom. Shit, I must sound like a serial killer! The look on her face was abject fear.

"So sorry, Yvonne. I just hate that he's here and I hate how he makes CeCe feel. I would never, and I mean never do anything to hurt her."

"I know, dear. It just took me by surprise, that's all."

Her face softened considerably, so I thanked her and headed to the hotel where the reception was about to start.

Once we made it to the hotels ballroom, I was extremely impressed by the understated decor. Knowing my mother, it would have looked like a flower shop exploded. But I'm guessing Sarah had a wedding planner that did everything. The string lights reminded me of CeCe's birthday party. I had the sudden desire to dance with my girl. I took her hand and walked to the dance floor. She gave me a stern look through.

"We can't dance before the bride and groom! Major no-no!"

It took me by surprise, but then I remembered that she's been married before. She'd been through all of this already. I hated the fact that it upset me so much. Was I seriously considering marrying her? I know that she isn't the type to not marry eventually. God, this is throwing me into a shit storm!

"Sorry, hun. I didn't think. I just really want to dance with you again. Let's find our seats. I'd imagine it'll be close to the head table."

I made sure that Yvonne would have a seat by CeCe. Sarah wasn't too happy about it, but it was that or no me. I didn't want her to be left alone while I had to do my obligatory greetings. The table was indeed by the main one, thankfully because I'm related to the bride, our table wasn't near the groomsmen. That stupid table stretched the entire length of the room. I still can't believe how many people were in the wedding party. I'm sure my sister thought that the more people the better. But it just came across as showing off. Like 'look at how many people love me, I'm filthy rich and can afford this massive display of friendship'. I'm pretty sure my eyes were in a constant state of rolling.

Oh, fuck. They were all filing into the ballroom now and I made a point to step in front of CeCe. Paul didn't need to see her. But when he looked at me, his eyes bugged out. Not to mention that I was with Yvonne, who he knows well. I looked at her and the look of disgust on her face was priceless. When I turned my head back to look at Paul, he seemed like he was going to puke. I'm sure at some point he'll see my girl, but for now, he can squirm.