Chapter Three

Season 1: Friday Night Bites

Rosalie giggles at the lyrics in Jeremy's song that plays loudly through the headphones they're sharing. Her legs lay on his lap as she rests her back against the thick metal bars behind them. They're in back where the druggies are. Everyone knows who the Phoenix girl and they liked her for the way she treats Jeremy. Jeremy drums on her shins in sync with drums in the background of the song. Rosalie nods her head to the beat.

Vicki comes skipping over to the best friends. Her glare only stays a second on Rosalie as it shifts and is replaced with a cheerful smile at Jeremy.

"I rock. I scored you tickets to the Posers Saturday. They're playing at the Rat" Jeremy raises a brow and looks at Vicki's smiling face. It was hard to be mad at her. Rosalie twindles her fingers. She didn't want any part in this.

"You and Tyler have fun" Jeremy sighs. Vicki tilts her head

"Don't be like that. Come on. I want you to go" She flirts; nudging his arm. Jeremy glares up at her.

"You're not worried that everyone knows you're screwing the stoner geek?" Vicki pulls her eyebrows together. "Oh wait-- everyone already knows" He rolls his eyes. Rosalie takes her legs off of Jeremy and stands up. She tosses his earphone onto his lap.

"I'm sorry, I gotta go. Nice see you, Vicki. I'll see you later, Jer" Rosalie excuses herself. She strides into the school and heads immediately into class.

She sits down in her desk and pulls her notebook out. Stefan struts into the history class; soon as he sees the brunette, he smiles. Stefan goes and stand beside her desk. Rosalie looks up at him and grins.

"Hey"

"Hey, I have a present for you," Stefan smiles. Rosalie bites her lip happily.

"A present?" He nods. Stefan digs into his pocket and pulls out awith cloudy circles lining the middle of the brown leather strands. Rosalie's eyes widen. She chortles. Stefan gestures for her hand. She stick out to him. He ties the bracelet around her dainty wrist.

"Stefan! You really didn't have to. It's so sweet. Jeez, you seriously are spoiling me" She admires the simple bracelet.

"Well it's yours. It's nothing crazy, I'm glad you like it" Stefan smiles.

"Like it? I love it" She whispers. Stefan looks at her up and down. He takes a deep breath. She's safe from his brother's compulsion. He wouldn't let anything bad happen to her.

***

"Jeremy! Focus!" crumples up a piece of notebook paper and chucks it at Jeremy's face. He lets the paper hit his face, not that it would hurt at all with a puny throw. A smile creeps onto her face at Jeremy's smug expression. "What's got you in a good mood, Jer?" Rosalie flips herself on Jeremy's bed so she's laying on her stomach. The room's dim, the source of light coming from his cream colored desk lamp.

"Nothing, just spending quality time with the Rosalie Phoenix" Rosalie scoffs out a laugh and gets off Jeremy's bed; coming up behind him at his desk and wrapping her slender arms around his neck. She rests her chin on the top of his head.

"Oh shut up. Come on, when did the Berlin Wall fall?" Rosalie points out a question on Jeremy's study guide.

"I have no clue and I don't feel like putting in the effort to know. You know, Stefan, Elena and Bonnie are downstairs. Why don't we go crash their party?" Rosalie lets go of Jeremy and he spins around in his desk chair.