Chapter Forty-Five

Season 3: The Birthday

Rosalie fans herself as she enters the Salvatore's house, or Elena's house. The summer heat is kicking in. She walks into the living room and sets her bag down on the couch.

"Mornin" Damon smirks.

He's dripping all over the floor from just being in the tub a couple of seconds ago. Nothing covering his body. Rosalie sighs and turns around.

"Morning--Oh my gosh! Damon, what--Why?" Rosalie covers her eyes and laughs. Damon grins.

"Just thought I'd give you nice morning view" Rosalie pats the end of the couch for the red blanket she just saw. She grips it and chucks it at the oldest Salvatore. He chuckles. Damon loops it around his waist. Rosalie peeks between her fingers, hoping she won't have another surprise. "What can I do for you, sweetheart?" Rosalie digs in her back pocket.

"Sheriff Forbes gave us another location to check," She spreads the folded piece of paper. "Memphis" Damon frowns.

"Another dead end?" Rosalie scrunches up her eyebrows.

"You don't know that, Damon" Damon steps closer.

"You're right. This could be the one" Damon looks Rosalie up and down. He takes the paper from her. "This could be the clue that tells us Stefan's alive and well and living in Graceland" Rosalie scoffs and takes the paper back. She walks around him.

"Fine. I'll go by myself" Damon runs in front of her, snatching the paper from her fingers.

"And let Klaus murder you the second he sees you? He didn't get to kill you last time, he won't hesitate this time" Rosalie bites her lip. She looks up at Damon helplessly.

"Damon, it's a new lead. We haven't had one in awhile and I want to make sure we take every chance to find him" Damon cups her face with both hands.

"Okay. I'll check it out. If I find anything, I'll call you" Damon struts away, keeping the paper.

"D--Damon..." She sighs and rubs her face. She moves to the couch and picks up her bag in frustration. She just wants her boyfriend to come home and be safe

***

Rosalie grins at Tyler and jogs over to him. Tyler smiles and opens his arms out wide. Rosalie pushes herself off the ground and jumps onto Tyler, hooking her legs around his waist and her arms wrapped around his neck. Tyler smiles and pecks her cheek, tucking his hands on his thigh. Elena smiles softly at the two. Caroline bites her lip and looks away.

"I'm so sorry, Tyler" Tyler sighs.

"It's okay, it's over now" Rosalie pulls away from his neck and looks at her friend.

"Okay, let's get back to work" Caroline interrupts the two. Rosalie giggles and crawls off Tyler. Rosalie runs up next to Elena and briefly hugs her and then attends to the white plates on the counter. "Happy birthday" She whispers. Elena smiles and mouths thank you.

"Any luck with Stefan?" Caroline asks.

"Um...Sort of" Rosalie starts to spread the plates out of the table. She pauses. "I feel like I have to fight Damon every single time we get a lead on Stefan" Rosalie says sadly. Caroline and Elena share a look.

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him" Tyler suggests. Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows together.

"W--What? Why wouldn't he want to find him?"