Chapter Seventy-One

Season 4: The Killer

Rosalie pours herself a glass of cold water in her kitchen. Drake and Vivian had gone out to work per usual. It felt lonely sometimes, but it's not like she's ever home, especially since last year. It's been a year of unimaginable event; good and bad. She takes a sip of the water and places the clear glass cup on the counter. The sun poured in through windows, making the dark kitchen--bright.

The doorbell rings, interrupting her peaceful morning. She doesn't even have to open the door, Damon lets himself in and easily spots her in the kitchen. She grabs her cup and leans her lower back against the counter. Damon quickly walks over to the brunette. She smiles up at him.

"Hey" She greets. Damon peeks in the living room and up the stairs before entering the kitchen completely.

"Where's Stefan?" Rosalie blinks.

"Um, I'm not sure. I haven't talked to him this morning. Why?" He itches the back of his head.

"He's not answering his phone and he's not here, which, you know, big deal, we've only got a killer vampire hunter on the loose" Rosalie frowns.

"Let me try" Rosalie pulls her phone out of her pocket and dials Stefan's number. She presses the speaker button and waits. It rings twice before going to voicemail.

"Hey, it's Stefan. Leave a message" Damon taps the end button. Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows together. Damon sighs.

"Before you get like your panicky self, that's try to make sense of this. He might just be dodging us" Rosalie shakes her head.

"Or, there's something wrong" Her voice trembles.

***

"Sit down. Sit down!" Connor's voice rings with authority. He shoves Jeremy away from him and he stumbles. Matt and April quickly take a seat in the empty table.

Matt was just doing some quick cleaning before opening the Grill. Jeremy was there earlier but Connor had snuck up on him and threatened him and April with Jeremy Gilbert.

"Gilbert, give me your cell phone" Jeremy complies to his wishes and fishes the phone out.

"Look, at least let April go. She doesn't have anything to do with this" Connor glares at Jeremy.

"She has everything to do with this. Her and her father" April's large blue eyes stare at him in fear. "Plus, she and I have history"

"What're you talking about? I've never seen you before in my life!" She shouts. Connor stares at her for a second before logging into Jeremy's phone and going into his contacts.

"You kids need to get some vervain. And don't just wear it as a bracelet where anybody can just take it off" He gestures to Jeremy's obvious bracelet. "Maybe then you'd remember our conversation at the hybrid's yesterday" Jeremy's lips part.

"Our conversation?" Connor doesn't answer. "Are you saying someone compelled me?!"

"Will someone please tell what he's talking about!" April begs.

"Compulsion. Secrets. Vampires" Matt narrows his blue eyes.

"If you know so much, then you know our friends are going to come for us" Connor smiles.

"Oh, yeah. I'm counting on it. I probably would've had them in seconds if I had Rosalie, am I right?" Jeremy and Matt stiffen. "Thought so. Every vampire that comes for you is another one I get to kill. Now, who should I text first, hmm? Damon Salvatore? His brother Stefan? Tyler Lockwood? Nah, all of the above" April gulps.