Chapter Fourteen

Season 1: Fool Me Once

Rosalie ended up crying herself to sleep on the way to her house. Stefan lays her down gently on the bed; covering her body with her quilt. Her mom made it for her before she left. There's a bunch of Rosalie's moms favorite quotes from movies and some pictures of them together. She cherishes it. Stefan goes upstairs; waiting for any sounds.

He goes into the fridge and gets a water bottle for Rosalie when she wakes up, she'll be dehydrated. The event kept playing in his head. Her crying face and Damon's emotionless expression. Stefan thought Damon turned his emotions off, but its still there. Rosalie told Stefan that he apologized before he let her go. Stefan somewhat thinks it was all in her head and it's what she wanted to hear, but believes her enough to try with Damon.

Stefan sighs and goes back upstairs; opening Rosalie's bedroom door. Instead of seeing a curled up Rosalie in bed, the blankets are a mess and the windows open.

"Rosalie?" Stefan calls out. He looks around her bedroom before leaving it, investigating the basement. No one is in the house. Stefan stops in his tracks when he sees a white envelope on the coffee table.

He rips it open and pulls out a dirty parchment paper. It's a letter. A letter from eighteen-sixty-three. A name is scribbled on the back.

Anna.

***

Rosalie rubs her forehead; yawning awake. She looks around the dimly lit room and nearly screams. This isn't a familiar room. She pushes herself off the bed and falls to the floor, banging her head on the end of the head board. Rosalie silently groans; gripping the bed sheets. A man in a chair in front of her bed shifts in his sleep. Rosalie looks at his hands. No daylight ring.

Rosalie bites her lip and forces herself to stand up. She tiptoes around him. Rosalie softly runs to the door after passing him, yanking the chain off the hook and unlocking the door, twisting the knob and pulling the door open. Rosalie didn't care if she was loud. As long as she can open the door and get enough sunlight into the room, she'll be safe.

"I wouldn't do that" Rosalie gasps and the guy slams the door shut, cornering her to the door. He leans down and looks Rosalie in her hazel eyes. His brown eyes shimmer in happiness. "Don't try to escape, don't even move. Do you understand?" He's trying to compel her.

"Yes" She breathes. The guy smiles and looks her up and down. He walks away over to where a coffee maker is. Rosalie waits until his back is completely towards her.

Soon as it is, she yanks the door open, about run outside, only to be pushed back by a short brunette, about the same size as Rosalie. Rosalie lands on her back and shuffles on her butt away from them until her back hits the bed. Anna glares at man.

"Seriously?" She growls.

"I told her not to move! I did that eye thing you taught me!" The man defends himself.

"You forgot the lesson about vervain" Anna picks Rosalie off the floor and yanks her to over to a white door.

"Let me go!" Rosalie wrestles in Anna's arms.

"Oh shut up" Anna rolls her eyes. Anna opens the door and throws her in there. Rosalie catches herself on the sink but it's too late. The door shuts behind her. Rosalie huffs and slides down the door. She knew if she left the bathroom, they'd try and kill her. Or just put her back in here.

Rosalie runs her fingers through her hair, sighing. How did she even get here? All she remembers is being attacked by Damon and Stefan taking her back home. Elena was there too but she didn't know where she went after Elena spotted her. Rosalie looks to her right and gasps. An arm hangs out of the bathtub. Rosalie gets up from the floor and sees a sleeping Bonnie. At least she hopes she's just sleeping.