Chapter Twenty-Seven

Season 2: Kill or Be Killed

Rosalie jumps out of her Jeep; slamming the door behind her. She was volunteered at the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day Event. She normally just plants new flowers and trees with Jeremy and Matt on this day, it's been rough with Jeremy lately though. She sees Mason carrying at box, walking away from Stefan. Stefan and Rosalie make eye contact, but Rosalie looks away. It's a part of the plan.

"Mason! Hey!" Mason smiles; setting down the box. "Your boyfriend and his brother really know how to make me feel welcomed" Rosalie bites her lip, containing herself from asking what he said. She'd know later.

"Um, me and Stefan...aren't together anymore. We broke up last night" Mason frowns.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry" Rosalie smiles sadly.

"It's okay, you didn't know. I haven't even told my family" Stefan smiles at the petite girl before turning his back.

It was apart of the plan. Katherine thinks threatening Stefan with Rosalie's life is going to keep them apart. They just have to make it look like they broke up on the outside until Katherine leaves, which is hopefully soon.

***

"Damon!" Stefan looks up from the flowers but immediately puts his head down. Damon grabs her arm and pulls her to a less crowded area.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Rosalie asks. Caroline glances in between Rosalie and Damon and Stefan. Elena looks over at Stefan. Elena distracts her.

"Liz seemed a little funky earlier, did Caroline tell mama cop about her new... life" Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows together.

"No, of course not. She hates vampires and I'm sure Caroline wouldn't risk completely severing ties with her mom. You're overthinking it. Caroline said earlier that they got into a fight this morning about her acting weird--"

"It's gotta be Mason then. You're little werewolf hunk" Rosalie scrunches his face.

"Don't say that, that's weird. He's like ten years older than me. He could be my dad"

"I could be your dad"

"Damon, I thought you were being serious" Rosalie laughs. Damon smirks.

"Well if it is just a fight, then oh well. But! I saw Mason trailing around in some places, come on. You can help talk with him for me..ish" Damon drags Rosalie in the direction of Mason. Mason sips a cup of water.

"Hello Mason. Working hard?" Damon mocks.

"I'm not being apart of this--"

"Oh yes you are. I heard you talked to Stefan?" Rosalie pretends to be sadden at the name of her 'ex'-boyfriend.

"Nice guy" Mason glances down at Rosalie. Damon chuckles.

"Yeah. A lot nicer than me" Damon teases. He's always pushing someone's buttons.

"Well, nice is overrated" Mason chuckles. Rosalie glances back at Stefan.

"Why what'd he do?" Rosalie murmurs. Damon scoffs.

"Romeo didn't tell you?" Rosalie frowns.

"No, we...uh, broke up last night" Damon scrunches his eyebrows together in confusion. He perks up at the idea of it. Damon turns back to Mason.

"That's what I think!" Sarcasm drips through

"You have a good day, Damon. I'll see you later, Rosalie" Mason walks away.