Chapter Thirty-Two

Season 2: The Sacrifice

Tyler shoots the ball into the hop; it circles around the rim and falls off. smiles; picking it up off the ground and dribbling it. Tyler smirks. Rosalie giggles and takes a shot. Tyler smacks the ball and takes it from her.

"You haven't even played basketball" Tyler chuckles.

"It doesn't hurt to try" Tyler licks his lips. Rosalie guards Tyler as he attempts to go around her. Surprisingly, Rosalie's able to keep up with him. Tyler smiles and charges at Rosalie. She squeaks and hunches over. Tyler picks her up with one arm and shoots with the other. The ball swishes against the netting and bounces on the ground.

Tyler allows Rosalie to sit on his arm. Ever since he's changed, he's stronger than ever. Matt walks over and picks the ball up. Tyler puts Rosalie back on the ground.

"Hey man, how's it going?" Matt asks. Tyler comes over and takes the ball.

"Good, you?" Matt frowns.

"I'm pissed at myself for picking a fight with you and feeling guilty for what happened to Sara. I've been dodging you for days cause I didn't know what to say to you" Tyler shakes his head.

"Don't worry about it, man" Rosalie wraps her arms around Tyler's waist and rests her head on his shoulder. Matt glances at her.

"I'm really sorry. Please know that" Matt walks away from the two. Rosalie takes this chance and snatches the ball out of Tyler's hands.

"Hey!" He shouts; a smile on his face. She runs up to the net and shoots. It hits the backboard and swishes. Rosalie cheers.

"I did it!" She shouts. Tyler walks over and grabs the ball.

"You cheated and traveled, according to the rules, it means you have a foul, probably have to be on the bench" Rosalie smirks.

"I'm sure it can make an exception for me" Tyler licks his lips.

***

Elena and Rose all walk up the stairs of the apartment that Rose's friend Slater lives in. Rosalie had caught the two about to leave and she refused to let them be alone. Elena's clearly up to something and Rose wasn't going to stop her since Elena promised her a daylight ring, so it's up to Rosalie.

They make it up all the flights of stairs and stand in front of an chipped white double door. The original brown wood peeks in between the chipped white paint. Rose knocks on the door. She waits a couple of seconds before pounding on the door. Rosalie and Elena share a look. Impatient much?

"Slater!" Rose shouts. "Slater! It's Rose, open up!" No answer. Rose turns to Rosalie and Elena. "He's not home. Sorry" Rosalie breathes a sigh of relief and Elena crosses her arms stubbornly.

"Uh-no. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing" Elena walks and stand beside Rose. Rose forces the doors open; revealing that chain were holding the door together.

"After you" Rose glowers at Elena. Elena enters the apartment.

"Sorry, she's a bit pushy" Rosalie apologizes to Rose. Rose scoffs.

"Obviously"

Rose and Rosalie follow Elena into the apartment quietly. They move slowly, just in case someone tries to attack them. Rose rolls her eyes and walks faster.

"Slater?" Rose calls. Rose stops and looks around; her eyes land on Slater's dead body. Rose's mouth opens in shock. "I don't think he's going to be much help" Elena runs over to Rose and sees the dead body.