Chapter Forty-Seven

Season 3: The End of the Affair

Damon admires Rosalie's face. Even sleeping, the girl is beautiful. Her freckles are alive again, scattered on her upper cheeks and nose bridge, a couple of them dotting below her nose and on her forehead. Her freshly tanned skin glows with the morning sun pouring through the window. Her long, waist-length hair frames her body and is scrunched up by her head. One hand in laid across Damon's chest while the over one is tucked underneath the pillow. Her blanket is sprawled along their bodies and the end of the bed.

Damon combs a strand of hair behind Rosalie ear, revealing her slightly rosy cheeks. "Rise and shine, sleepy head" Damon whispers. Rosalie scrunches up her nose. She wants to sleep longer. She buries her face into the pillow to block out the sun. "Rosalie" Damon smiles.

"I don't want to" She groans. Rosalie turns her head and looks up at Damon with her big, hazel eyes. "I just want to sleep the day away" She smiles sleepily. Damon chuckles. She yawns and sits up. "What time is it?" Rosalie asks, stretching her arms out in front of her. Damon smiles at her bedhead.

"Six a.m" Rosalie freezes.

"Six a.m? Damon! Why would you wake me up so early?" Rosalie groans. Damon opens his mouth, but closes it.

Does he want to give up mornings like this? Rosalie sleeping beside him and seeing her sleepy face in the mornings. Stefan gets to feel this every morning, no wonder why he came home in a good mood. He takes a deep breath.

"Let's go bring Stefan home" Rosalie perks up.

"Stefan? Wait, you already know where he is?" Damon nods.

"Windy City, Illinois" Rosalie rips the blanket off of her.

"Who told you? I mean, has there been any deaths?" Damon shakes his head.

"None that I know of. Also, I had it in a dream" Rosalie looks at him doubtfully. "Start packing. I'll help you" Rosalie rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Not going to fess up, are you?" Damon shakes his head. "That's what I thought" She mumbles.

***

steps out of Damon's car, gazing up at the old building Stefan apparently use to live in. Damon guides Rosalie through the squeaky doors and to the even more squeaky staircase. The apartment building has hardly been updated since the twenties. Rosalie swears the dust is vintage.

Damon stops at a door. Rosalie nearly bumps into him from being so distracted by the hall. Damon places his pointer finger up to his lips. Rosalie nods. Damon cranks the doorknob a little before breaking it entirely off. Damon pushes the wooden door open to reveal a small, well-kept room. The bed is right in the front, passed the bed is the kitchen that's hiding a bit behind a wall.

Damon welcomes himself inside. Rosalie slowly follows behind. "Here we are. Stefan's second personality home" Damon flashes passed Rosalie and closes the door. Rosalie runs her finger across an old couch.

"It's pretty dusty" Damon walks to the pantry. Rosalie scrunches up her eyebrows. Damon tugs the white borders.

"Come here" Rosalie inches closer to Damon. The pantry opens like a door and Rosalie's eyes widen. Damon steps inside, looking at the side. Rosalie squeezes in beside him. She stares at the list of names written on the wall. The first one stood up to her. It's their father's name.

"Giuseppe? Why is he here?" Damon sadly glances at the names.

"Those are all his victims" Damon walks out of the secret room and into the bedroom/living room. Rosalie covers her mouth. "I'll be back later. I'm going to go find him. While I'm at it, don't leave and come up with a plan" Rosalie laughs and crosses her arms.