Chapter Forty-Eight

Season 3: Disturbing Behavior

"Do you only know how to make a fruit salad?" Damon comments as chops up some cantaloupe in her kitchen. Rosalie smiles and rolls her eyes.

"You can't say anything because you don't bring anything" Damon plucks a piece of pineapple from the bowl.

"It's a potluck, I'll eat there" Damon tosses the fruit into his mouth. Rosalie bumps Damon with her hip.

"Don't eat my fruit" Rosalie giggles. Damon chuckles.

"Why can't you be more creative and bring like...Pancakes! I could bring them. I make a mean pancake" Rosalie scoffs and throws her head back with laughter.

"It's not a breakfast potluck. I highly doubt you can make pancakes without burning them. You don't look the cooking type. More of the watch the wife cook sort of guy" Rosalie explains.

"There's a problem there. I don't have a wife, let alone a girlfriend"

"Well if you would stop eating them, you'd have one" Damon scoffs.

"Guess I'll never have a girlfriend" Rosalie rolls her eyes. Damon takes another piece of fruit.

"Damon!"

"What! It's for eating!" Damon walks away. Rosalie smiles at the back of his head.

***

Rosalie sets the bowl of fruit down on one of the tables where Carol directed her to put it. Rosalie spots Caroline and Elena sitting together. Rosalie grins ear to ear when she sees Bonnie sitting down next to Caroline. She jogs over to three who are a distance from the rest of the crowd. Rosalie wraps her arms around Bonnie's neck, scaring her. Elena and Caroline chuckle.

"Rosalie! I'm sorry I didn't stop by to say hello" Bonnie laughs. Rosalie kisses Bonnie's cheek and rounds to front of them. She plops down on the grass. Rosalie notices the grimoire.

"Is something wrong?" Elena sighs.

"Sort of. My necklace burned me. The one Stefan gave me" Rosalie's eyes widen. "And now Bonnie's going to figure out why it did that"

"That's weird" Rosalie mumbles. Caroline turns her whole body to Rosalie.

"So, not to be rude, or anything, but are you like, switching brothers?" Rosalie eyebrows scrunch together.

"W--What?"

"I love you to pieces but what is going on with you and Damon?" Rosalie shakes her head.

"Nothing! Damon and I have just been hanging out more because we've been trying to find Stefan and now he thinks I'll go off the end since we weren't able to get Stefan back, but actually, I feel fine. I was able to talk to him and he let me know what's going on" Caroline gives her a doubtful face.

"Rosalie, this is Damon. He's in love with you. He's become more attached to you because Stefan isn't here. He may be acting different around you, but he's still Damon" Rosalie straightens her posture.

"I told him I love Stefan. He understands that, Caroline. Why are we even talking about this?" Rosalie frowns.

"Hey. Guys?" Bonnie brings the slowly heating up topic to a halt. Everyone's attention turns to the floating necklace. Rosalie stands up.

"What are you doing?" Caroline asks. Bonnie leans away from the raising necklace.

"I'm not doing anything" The four of them stare in disbelief at the necklace. "It has its own magic" Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows together.

***

"Did Stefan ever tell you where he got the necklace?" Caroline asks. Rosalie walks behind them.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you guys later okay?" Rosalie announces. Caroline nods.

She looks around for Damon for the next twenty minutes. Rosalie looks around the room, one by one, only not be able to find him. She didn't check the Mr. Lockwood's office or Tyler's bedroom.

Rosalie hears a bang from Mr. Lockwood's office. Rosalie runs off to it, surprised no else heard it. She bursts in and gasps. Damon's slammed against the door by Caroline. Elena pops up behind her. Elena backs away, this isn't her issue and she wouldn't be able to fix it. Caroline grabs her father and runs out the room. Damon huffs.

"Bummer" Rosalie jogs over to Damon and kneels down beside him. "I love a good girl fight"

"What did you do?" Rosalie asks softly. She takes the tipped over tissue box that was knocked off the desk and yanks out three. She wipes Damon's mouth. There wasn't any wound healing. She scrunches up her eyebrows. "Damon, what did you do?"

"I drank some of ex-husband blood" Rosalie shakes her head.

"Damon, that's Caroline's dad. Even though I understand why you'd want to hurt him, but it's her decision and she said not to hurt him. Respect that" Damon scoffs. He pushes himself off the ground.

"Sorry, I'm not your knight and shining armor" Rosalie grimaces. Damon walks towards the door. Rosalie stands up.

"I didn't ask you to be anyone, but yourself. Don't blame this on me" Rosalie glares. Damon turns around.

"Well, everyone assumes that I'm good now because of you. I have to let people know not to try me" Rosalie throws her hands up in the air.

"By nearly killing them? Damon, you don't have to harm people to show them you aren't weak. You're thinking irrationally and it's going to get you killed" Rosalie steps forward.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Rosalie, but last time I checked, I've always been like this! I've always been this monstrous person!" Damon closes in on Rosalie, standing in front of her.

"You're not a monster, Damon. You put on that act so people don't get close to you. I'm not scared of you. You yelling in my face isn't going to make me mad at you, so just give it up, Damon" Rosalie murmurs. Damon stares down at her. Rosalie holds her ground.

"I want you to get out of here, before I hurt you" Rosalie's face softens.

"W--What?" She whispers.

"Get out of here before I hurt you, Rosalie" Damon orders. Rosalie doesn't move a muscle. Damon looks her up and down before forcing her against the wall. Rosalie gasps.

"Damon, let me go" Rosalie whispers. Damon's veins flicker underneath his eyes. Rosalie's eyes widen. She tugs on her wrists. "Damon, please"

"I thought you said you weren't scared of me" Damon mocks.

"I'm not! I don't like--"

"You don't like my vampire face? Because every time I show it, something bad happens" Rosalie shakes her head.

"Why are you doing this? To prove your idiotic point? Fine! You scared me. Who wouldn't get scared from that? Whenever someone shows me their face like that, they're going to hurt me" Damon gulps. She isn't wrong. "Let me go" Rosalie breathes.

Tyler enters the room. Damon glares at Rosalie.

"Hey, what's going on here?"

"Nothing" Damon releases Rosalie. He steps aside from her and struts off, not before shoulder-checks Tyler. Tyler stumbles a bit. He then takes in the messy room.

"What happened?" Rosalie sighs and walks over to Tyler, wrapping her arms around her Tyler's waist.

"Nothing" She whispers.