Chapter Eighteen

Season 1: Under Control

wakes up in Matt's bed. His head on her chest and their legs tangled together. She spent the night with him after Matt found out that his sister's dead. Rosalie felt the guilt eating her alive. She knew the whole time that Vicki was dead and she couldn't tell anyone.

Rosalie pulls herself out the bed and goes into Matt's bottom drawer. A stash of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc, are in this drawer. Rosalie changes in the bathroom and brushes her teeth, adjusting her hair. She reenters Matt's room and leans against the door frame. His eyes are all puffy from crying his eyes out. Rosalie walks over to him and kisses his forehead. Rosalie grabs a scrap of paper off his desk and takes a pen off the floor, scribbling down that she was leaving and that he can call anytime and she'll come over.

Damon had brought Rosalie's car to Matt's last night. He didn't come in, since he is the reason she's dead. Rosalie bites her lip. She couldn't think about this today. She needed to make sure Stefan's okay. Before he left yesterday, he seemed on edge. Was it because after Elena let him drink her blood, he couldn't be around humans anymore? Rosalie shakes her head. If Damon can do it, Stefan can too.

Rosalie gets into her car and drives home to grab her backpack. It feels like she hasn't been to school lately. It's been so long since she's seen Bonnie. She hasn't been back since her grandma died. She felt awful that she was involved with her grandma's death. Bonnie didn't deserve this, neither did Sheila. How will she react to hearing about Vicki? Rosalie knows Bonnie could guess what happened. She didn't want her to. Rosalie didn't want Bonnie to hate Stefan and Damon. They aren't bad people. They don't want to be bad. Their vampire sides make them this way. Katherine made them the way that they are.

Rosalie could imagine the Salvatore brothers frolicking around in the garden with Katherine. She still has no idea what Katherine looks like. Just that she has brown hair and brown eyes. Most vampires are unbelievable beautiful so Katherine must look like a model. Rosalie licks her lips once she pulls into her driveway.

Rosalie runs inside and grabs her bag off the couch, swinging it around her shoulder. Drake came down the short hallways. She felt homesick. It's been so long since she's been at home and relaxed.

"Rosalie, Kelly told me you slept at her house" Rosalie nods.

"Yeah, I couldn't leave Matt. I'm sorry for not calling you yesterday--"

"Don't worry about it," Drake shuffles over and hugged his daughter. Rosalie easily returns it. "I thought I should tell you that John Gilbert is back in Mystic Falls. He'll be coming over later if you want to see him. Or go to Jeremy's, I'm sure he'll be there" Rosalie nods.

"Yes, uh, of course. I'll stop by Jeremy's to see him. I should get going, I don't want to be late. Love you" She whispers. Rosalie pulls away from her dad and he smiles down at her freckled face.

***

"Elena told me that Jeremy wrote a report on vampires" Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows together. They lay on her bed. Rosalie's rubbing Stefan's tense shoulders. He's been good at controlling himself around her, he doesn't want to mess it up now. He couldn't say that he felt his vampire side tugging at him.

"Do you think-- Do you think Anna told him?" Stefan shakes his head.

"She wouldn't risk putting her mother in harms way" Rosalie nods.

"How are you doing? I haven't really been able to talk to you today" Stefan smiles and sits up.

"Much, Much better. A little jittery, but the thirst is gone" Rosalie kisses his cheek.