Chapter Forty

Season 2: The Last Dance

Stefan and Damon watch as jogs up the cement stairs and over to the them. Rosalie smiles at her boyfriend and walks over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. Stefan smiles down at her and kisses the top of her head. Damon looks away.

"This is a first. You guys are never outside" Damon scoffs.

"We're signing our house to Gilbert in there" Stefan twirls a strand of long, brown hair in between his fingers.

Rosalie looks up at Stefan. Her freckles were almost all gone for the winter. Her long, dark eyelashes made her hazel eyes brighter. Stefan pecks her lips.

Elena opens the front door, staring at the trio. Rosalie turns her attention to the man in the doorway and Elena.

"Thank you, Mr. Henry" Elena shakes his hand. The bald man exits the Salvatore house and smiles briefly at the three before going to his car. Elena smiles. Rosalie walks casually inside, silently bragging about freely entering her boyfriend's house when her boyfriend can't even get inside. Stefan licks his lips, eyeing Rosalie.

"Stefan, would like to come inside my house?" Stefan smirks, glancing at Elena and then Rosalie.

"I would love to. Thank you" Stefan charges inside and picks Rosalie up. Rosalie giggles and wraps her arms and legs around Stefan's body. Stefan loves how adorable she is. Damon's mood goes down like a thermometer in cold water.

"What are we, twelve?" He glares at Elena. Stefan sets Rosalie back down on the wooden floors and they watch Elena and Damon.

"One of us is" Rosalie bites her plump, pink bottom lip.

"Ouch" Damon jokingly laughs at Rosalie and gives her a playful glare. Rosalie smiles.

"If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" Damon scoffs.

"No" Elena sighs.

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas, remember?" Damon groans.

"Yes, Elena. Sure" Elena fake smiles at the oldest Salvatore.

"Then please, come in" Bonnie comes downstairs with Rosalie's and Elena's bag. Rosalie had left it here the last time she came over. So yesterday.

"Thanks, Bonnie" Rosalie smiles. She swings the bag around her shoulders. Stefan flips around and stares at his girlfriend.

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan questions. Rosalie scrunches up her eyebrows.

"To school" Stefan raises a brow at her.

"Huh?" Damon turns around.

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it" Stefan nods.

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that" Damon butts in.

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing and I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner," Elena wraps her arm around Rosalie's shoulders. "Neither is she. Remember? My way" Elena smirks. She guides Rosalie out of the house. Bonnie smiles at the brothers.

"Don't worry. I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how" Bonnie follows her friends out the door.

Stefan and Damon share a surprised look. They don't want Elena going out, let alone Rosalie. Elena could probably put up a small fight. A couple punches. Rosalie couldn't hurt a fly. She always has to make sure the person is actually bad and it bites her in the ass every time.