Chapter Sixty-Seven

Season Four: Growing Pains

Rosalie gasps awake, her eyes shifting left and right in panic. Her hair's still wet from the accident and her skin's pale. She takes a deep breath, allowing herself to observe her surroundings. She's in Elena's house in the living room. Her hair is still damp, she had been laying on it so it wouldn't dry as quick. Someone had changed her clothes too. Rosalie tosses the knitted blanket off of her.

"What happened?" She murmurs to herself.

She remembered a lot of pain. Elena and Matt were freaking out and screaming\And the whoosh! Water was everywhere--Matt! Matt was unconscious. Rosalie was trying to break something but nothing was working, so her and Elena switched places, and then she drowned. Rosalie clutches her chest.

Why isn't she dead?

Alaric! Alaric had to be alive! Is it even safe being here? Rosalie didn't hear anything though. Alaric would've already been here. Rosalie easies up off the couch, when she did, she felt lightheaded. Rosalie sneaks to the door and looks out the window beside it. Nobodies there. Damon's car is here. She glances at the staircase. He had to be up there.

Rosalie jogs up the stairs and turns to Elena's room. She cracks open the white door and in there is Stefan and Damon. They both perk off the chair/bed.

"Rosalie..." Stefan smiles. He uses his speed to appear in front of her. Rosalie grins and hugs him. He kisses the top of her head. Damon clenches his jaw and sits back down. She allows her hands to slide down his chest. She looks up at him.

"Is everyone okay?" Damon scoffs.

"Like the hero hasn't done enough" Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows. Stefan frowns.

"What happened?" Stefan releases Rosalie and tucks his hands into his back pocket.

"Well, uh--"Elena gasps awake and jerks up in a sitting position. Her breathing sharp. Rosalie and Stefan walk over to her. He sits at the end of her bed. Rosalie stands next to him. Elena sees him first.

"Stefan..." She pants.

"Hey, I'm right here," He says comfortingly. "You've been in and out for hours" Rosalie hugs her arms. Something didn't feel right with Elena.

"W--What happened?" Rosalie glances at Damon.

"You...You were in an accident with Rosalie--"

"Matt! Is he?" Rosalie was also curious.

"Alive?" Damon scoffs. "Ask Stefan, the hero" Rosalie licks her lips. Elena could clearly see that Rosalie's okay since there was no point in worrying about her.

"Thank you" Elena exhales. "I thought that I--How did you..." Damon stares at Rosalie.

"Save you? He didn't" Stefan internally chokes Damon with the way he's addressing the situation.

"We don't know how this happened, but there was vampire blood in your system. When Matt's truck was in the water, I came down to save Rosalie and you, but you said to take Matt...so I did. I couldn't save you, Elena" Elean's heart drops.

"Oh, my god...Does--Does that mean that I...Am I dead?" Elena shouts. Rosalie gulps. How could this happen? Elena grits her teeth. "No..No, no, no! That--That wasn't supposed to happen!" Stefan pats her thigh.

"Maybe it doesn't have to. I talked to Bonnie. She said she's stronger than ever. There might be something she can do to help you" Stefan assures her.