Chapter Eighty-Two

Season Four: Bring It On

"We're going to lose her, Damon" Stefan states as the two of them enter their home with Rosalie lagging behind him.

"She needs time. It's only been a couple of days" Damon brushes his comment off. Rosalie plops down on the couch with a sigh. Damon saunters over to the table of alcohol and pours himself a drink.

"Her humanity's off. She's basically numb to everything that makes her who she is" Stefan shrugs.

"She's a vampire. The off switch is one of the biggest perks" Damon smirks. Rosalie shakes her head. She stands up from the couch and stands in front of the older Salvatore.

"But who's going to bring her back, Damon? She burned down her house with Jeremy still inside it. Majority of her family is dead. I don't know if we can bring her back" Rosalie crosses her arms. Damon stares down at her.

"She cleaned up a mess that we didn't have to do" Damon shrugs. Rosalie scoffs and averts her eyes. Damon gulps, realizing what he just said. "I can bring her back. I'll just tell her to turn it back on" Damon gives a fake smile, raising the drink to his lips and taking a swing.

"She doesn't care about anything now. I don't think she'll listen to you because she doesn't care about pleasing you anymore" Aurora frowns. Stefan nods.

"She has a point" Stefan shrugs.

"Also, if invoking the sire bond does work, wouldn't that be worse? She'll get trampled on by all this grief and heartbreak that she'll go off the deep end. There is no win-win situation to this" Rosalie rants.

"We need to give her a reason to want to turn it on" Stefan mumbles. Rosalie nods. Damon scoffs.

"Fine. We'll show her a good time. I know it's controversial, but people actually like to have fun" Damon rolls his eyes. Rosalie frowns.

"She's going to hurt people if we don't help her soon" Rosalie storms away from the brothers. Damon and Stefan watch her walk to the kitchen. Stefan shoves Damon.

"What?" Damon growls.

"Can you be a little more sensitive about Jeremy? Are you just stupid? She's hurting too" Stefan follows Rosalie's trail. Damon huffs and finishes his drink.

***

stands beside Stefan as Damon paces around his bedroom. Elena's showering in Damon's bathroom since the mayor (Bonnie's father) had put vervain in the water system in Mystic Falls, and she doesn't exactly have a home to go back to.

"So that's the plan?" Damon scoffs. "You're gonna take her back to school?"

"Well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?" Stefan crosses his arms.

"She got a free..." Damon's eyes drift over to Rosalie who was waiting for him to finish his sentence. He shakes his head. "It's not a good idea.

"Look. Do you think I want to go to school and play chaperone? You can't go because you're not a student. Rosalie can't handle her herself. And besides, you're Katherine duty. Elena needs the cure more than ever now" Stefan shrugs.

"Not that anyone asked me, but I think taking her back to school is a great idea" Caroline comes into the bedroom in a pink robe and her hair pulled into a ponytail. Caroline smiles at Rosalie. Rosalie waves.

"Why are you here?" Damon scoffs.

"Blame it on your fancy water filters. Your house has the only vervain-free showers in town" Caroline reminds him.