Chapter Sixty-Four

Season 3: Do Not Go Gentle

"So Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why are you all mopey?" Rosalie sighs. Caroline and Rosalie enter the gym where lots of people are decorating for the decades dance. With Caroline and Matt working together, they allowed Rebekah to change the decade from the 1970s to the 1920s. She couldn't help but be just a little excited to dress like a flapper girl.

"I just wish there would be an easier way to all of this, yeah know? He's suffering" Caroline pats her back.

"Everything is going to be okay. He has a bunch of Bonnie's herbs so he won't turn into anti-vampire Alaric" They stop at a table. Rosalie plucks the chandelier off it and is surprised by the weight.

"Where should I hang this?" Caroline covers her mouth; a giggle escaping her mouth.

"Rebekah wanted it, I don't, so here" Caroline swipes it from her hands and holds it out. A blonde girl comes by and takes it from her. Rosalie chortles.

"That didn't look scripted at all" Caroline spins around, her eyes widening.

"What're you doing? You can't just hang them" Caroline scolds Matt and Jeremy who are hanging up iridescent paper stars from the ceiling. Matt smiles. "They're suppose to trickle down" Rosalie licks her lips.

"Trickle" Matt mocks. Jeremy smiles.

"Look at them all bromancey" Caroline comments.

"Elena asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill" Caroline turns around.

"That was nice of him" Rosalie smiles softly.

"Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out. He's finally back at Mystic Falls and Alaric's leaving" Caroline crosses her arms.

"You sure it had nothing to do with witnessing Damon make out with you?" Rosalie's face heats up.

"Caroline" She whines. Caroline licks her lips. Caroline giggles.

"I have to tease you when you're so cute" Caroline pokes her upturned nose. Rosalie laughs. "So, who're bringing to the dance?" Rosalie frowns a little bit.

"I'm hoping Stefan, but I think he's still set on the whole Damon thing" Caroline purses her lips.

"Well if he's still being stubborn, ask Damon I'm sure he'll be up to it" Rosalie grabs a feather black scarf and chucks it at Caroline. It had absolutely no effect. Caroline throws her head back in a fit of laughter. Rosalie rolls her eyes.

"Ha, ha. Very funny, Caroline"

***

Stefan enters the living room of his house when he gets a call. He pulls his phone out of his pocket to see a picture of him and Rosalie. She hugging him from behind while he sits on a chair. He's smiling at her and she's kissing his cheek. Caroline had taken it awhile ago. Stefan slides the green call button over and brings the phone to his ear.

"Hey" he answers. Rosalie sits in her car nervously.

"Um, hey, do you maybe have a second?" Stefan scrunches his brows at her mousy tone.

"Yeah, are you okay?" He asks immediately.

"Oh yeah! Everything's fine! Sorry, um--I was just wondering if you possible wanted to, yeah know..." Stefan licks his lips, suppressing a grin. "If you would be my date for the decade dance..." She mumbles. Stefan grins on the other line.