Chapter Fifty-Three

Season 3: Homecoming

Stefan sits on the chair and on the phone with Klaus. Rebekah stands in the corner of the room. Elena crosses her arm; leaning on the door frame of the living room entrance. Rosalie and Damon sit on the couch together. And on the floor, is Mikael. Of course they waited for Elena to 'kill' Mikael before bringing Rosalie back over. Even his dead body is intimidating. She couldn't find an ounce of respect for this man. He had abused his children for his pride.

Rosalie looks over at Stefan as he gets up off the chair and hands the phone to Rebekah. She looked extremely uncomfortable. After all, she be taking part in killing her brother. Rosalie wasn't sure this plan was going to work though. With Klaus gone, who will Rebekah have as family? She doesn't know where the rest of her family is and there's no way she'd ever forgive Mikael for what he has put his children through. She'd be alone.

Damon stares at Rosalie in concern. She spaced out and has a doubtful expression. She hardly got any sleep when Stefan and Elena told them to come over. Rosalie didn't have time to change out of the clothes from a couple of hours ago. Damon rests his hand on Rosalie's right thigh. Rosalie flinches, coming back into the real world. She smiles over at Damon. He rubs her thigh comfortingly.

"He bought it. He's coming home" Rebekah confirms. Rebekah leaves the living room after handing Stefan his phone back.

"Now was that easy or what?" Damon smirks. Elena sighs.

"Let's just get this over with" Elena bends down and rips the dagger out of Mikael's chest.

***

Bonnie and Caroline sit on Rosalie's bed. Rosalie picks through her closet for a dress for homecoming. She groans and tosses another dress on to the end of the bed. Caroline paints her fingernails. Bonnie flips through the Runic pictures.

"I thought I had better dresses for homecoming" Caroline smiles.

"You could come help me and Alaric over analyze ancient hieroglyphic thingies!" Rosalie giggles.

"I'm gonna have to pass on that. Besides, I only know what Elijah and Rebekah told me" Caroline looks up and laughs.

"When did you get so close with the devil?" Rosalie rolls her eyes; tossing another dress on the bed.

"They aren't bad people. Yes, they use unreasonable ways to get what they want, but hearing their history, it makes sense why they are like that. Mikael was a horrible father and Esther betrayed her family. They didn't know what love was" Rosalie mumbles. Bonnie and Caroline share a look. "Elijah is very kind and he's loyal. Rebekah's stubborn, but a hopeless romantic. And Klaus? I have no idea" Caroline giggles.

"Anyways, Bonnie, you're going. These drawings can wait for the next four hours, if nothing happens. Which most likely something will" Rosalie nods.

"Can't say that isn't true" Rosalie shoves her dresses off the bed and sits down to join the girls.

"So! How're you and Tyler?" Rosalie smiles. Caroline licks her lips.

"Pretty good. The sired thing is incredibly annoying but I'm finding loopholes" Rosalie smiles. She looks at Bonnie

"I'm not talking about Jeremy" Bonnie frowns.

"You can talk to us. Yes, he's my best friend, but what he did was wrong. Elena isn't here so she won't go telling him" Bonnie giggles.

"Well, yes. I'm hurt. He wouldn't stop thinking about her. And what makes me angry is that it's hard to stay mad at him. He didn't break up with his girlfriends. They died. Jeremy only now figured out that Vicki was bad after she tried to set you on fire. He didn't know Anna was bad until she was the one who stole Elena's necklace" Rosalie sighs and holds Bonnie's hand.