Chapter Sixty-One

Season 3: Break On Through

Rosalie crosses her arms nervously; waiting for Elena and Alaric to come out. After Elena had called her, saying that Alaric was the one killing all those people because of the Gilbert ring, she felt incredibly guilty. She had broken into Meredith's office for no reason. She looks down at her feet.

Elena and Alaric walk over to the petite girl, no one's smiling. Rosalie glances up to see them coming towards her. She meets them halfway.

"Is--"

"Everything's normal" Elena interrupts, not that it would comfort Rosalie. Now, they'd have to figure out the problem with the ring.

"Of course everything is normal because there is nothing wrong with me" Alaric frowns. "I didn't kill Brian Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell don't shove a hunting knife into my stomach" His ring sits in a container for him to grab. He taps the counter. "Or I did, and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor, who...wore that ring" Alaric breathes out. Rosalie rests her hand on her tan arm.

"We'll figure it out" Elena nods.

"I'll call Bonnie. The ring was made by a Bennett witch, maybe a witch can reverse the damage...That's if she's up to it" Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows together.

"Why wouldn't she?" Alaric and Elena share a confused look.

"Rosalie...The way Damon saved you, was turning Bonnie's mother into a vampire" Rosalie lets her arms flop to her sides. "Esther was chanelining yours and Bonnie's bloodline, so they cut off ties with her mom" Rosalie blinks. "Damon didn't tell you?" Rosalie shakes her head.

"No, no he didn't" Alaric gulps. He decides to change the subject. Alaric picks up the ring.

"Here, take it. I don't want it anymore" Alaric hands it to Rosalie. Rosalie looks up at Alaric.

"Ready to ditch this house of horrors? Oof, you look terrible" Damon peers around the corner. Elena bites her lip. Rosalie stares at him.

"Let me--Let me check out of here" Alaric excuses himself. Elena follows after him. Rosalie looks down at the ground. Damon scrunches up his eyebrows and looks in between them.

***

"Don't worry about him. We'll take him out for chicken soup, we'll get him a martini, make sure he doesn't kill anybody" Rosalie stops at her car.

"Damon, when were you going to tell me that you turned Bonnie's mom?" She spins around. Damon stares at her with an open mouth. "Were you just going to act like I wouldn't find out? Elena told me. And--And then you go out with Stefan and make him feed?" Rosalie throws her hands up.

"So you're gonna change the subject that quick to Stefan?" Rosalie's eyes widen.

"I want an answer, Damon. I don't know what's going through your head" Rosalie murmurs.

"Well, I didn't let him do anything, if you want get nit-picky about it, I made him" Rosalie scoffs.

"Why? What's the point? You're just going to make him feel worse about himself!" Rosalie argues.

"Because we're vampires, Rosalie. We need human blood to survive we're predators, not puppies" Rosalie blinks.

"He found a way around it before, you just don't want him to go back to it" Rosalie sighs.

"Stefan has built a delusional wagon which he has repeatedly fallen off of!"Damon raises his voice.

"Because somebody always makes him feed!" Rosalie fights back.