Chapter Twenty-Two

Season 1: Founder's Day

hikes up the bottom of her dress as she walks towards her float. Carol Lockwood is ordering everyone where to go and when to start moving. The dress constantly falls out of Rosalie's fingers, so she releases the dress and lets it drag on the grass. Drake and Vivian standing in the middle-side of the parade; waiting patiently to see their daughter.

Rosalie searches for her boyfriend through the scattered crowd. They both need to get on the float before Carol or Caroline throws a fit. Damon's jaw drops. He stops midway his sentence to admire the beautiful brunette. Stefan follows his eyes and sees his girlfriend. Stefan shoves Damon and walks to Rosalie.

"Wow, you look...amazing" Rosalie's face turns red. She remembers what they did last night. Stefan takes Rosalie's hand and kisses her hand.

"Thank you, you look incredible" Stefan caresses Rosalie's face and kisses her slowly. Rosalie pulls away.

"Come on, we better get on the float" Rosalie nods.

***

"Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Falls High School Marching Band!" The marching band roars to life. The crowd cheers and children run into the road for the candy the teenagers throw out. "And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek" Carol Lockwood explains to the crowd.

Tyler pretends to shoot Jeremy and Jeremy acts as if he is dead. Some of the crowd chuckles. Rosalie takes a deep breath and clutches Stefan's arm. She's afraid the float is too high and she'll fall. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts!" Rosalie nervously waves to the crowd.

Stefan smiles down at Rosalie and kisses her cheek. "Relax, I've got you" He whispers into her ear. Rosalie's laugh flies through the air at the silly attempt to comfort her. Damon stares mockingly at Stefan.

"This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?" Damon steps closer to the float and is able to be in Rosalie's view. Damon smirks and waves flirtatiously at Rosalie. Rosalie innocently waves back. Stefan pulls Rosalie closer and glares at his brother.

"Just ignore him, he's nothing but trouble" Stefan kisses the top of her head. Rosalie looks up at her boyfriend.

***

ruffles her hair as she exits the bathroom at the grill. The grill is filled with all ages. Playing pool, clanking drinks at the bar and lots of laughter. Damon eyes Rosalie's body. A complete outfit change from the victorian styled dress. Rosalie spots Damon looking at her. Rosalie smiles and jogs over to her friend.

"What? Couldn't take the corset?" Rosalie giggles and shakes her head.

"No, it hurt so bad. I thought I was going to break a rib" Damon wraps his arm around Rosalie's shoulders and guides her to the pool table.

"Come on, play one round with me!" Rosalie bites her lip and looks around the bar for Stefan. Damon snatches two pool sticks from the wall and holds one out for Rosalie. "Here" Rosalie sighs and takes it.

"Damon, you know Stefan is worried--" Damon rests her pointer finger on Rosalie's plump lips.

"Don't think about it. Just play" Damon pulls his finger away. "He made it very clear last night" Rosalie's face heats up. Her face as red as a tomato. Rosalie spots Jeremy from across the room.

"Hold on, that's Jeremy. He doesn't look so happy. I'll be right back. You can break it" Damon nods. Damon breaks it without even looking at it. He gets three striped balls in the sockets.