Chapter Thirty-Seven

Season 2: The Dinner Party

Rosalie lays in between Stefan's legs, clutching his waist and resting her head on his bare chest on the couch. She was just dressed in his dark grey thermal henley and panties. Stefan plays with her hair. After their lively bath, they passed out on the couch. The morning light shines through the glass doors. While Rosalie was sleeping last night, Stefan fixed the door and cleaned up the blood. He deposed of the wolf's body. All was well.

Rosalie kisses Stefan's chest and smiles up at him. Stefan brings Rosalie's face up to his and kisses her sweetly. A good morning kiss. Rosalie pulls away.

"Good morning" She whispers.

"Good morning, Rosalie" Stefan's phone buzzes on the coffee table. Rosalie moans. Stefan chuckles. Rosalie pushes herself up off of her boyfriend and leaves the couch for the kitchen. Stefan takes his phone call outside.

"What's going on?" Stefan answers his call from Damon.

"Well, I showered, I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed" Stefan chuckles.

"That makes two of us" Damon pauses.

"I did hear some good news, today. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night" Stefan scrunches up his eyebrows.

"Where'd you hear that?" Damon smiles at his 'girlfriend'. He quickly wraps a scarf around her neck.

"Liz Forbes called me this morning and she heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood. Thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Stefan licks his lips.

"Killing Elijah"

"Exactly" Damon plays with the dagger John Gilbert gave him.

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty" Damon smirks.

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger"

"He's an original. We don't know what all they encompasses" Damon chuckles.

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm done all my T's. I don't want any surprises" Stefan raises his eyebrows.

"Wow, Damon. Tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" Damon smirks.

"Yes, Stefan. I've become you. You can tell Rosalie this--"

"No, she doesn't need to know about you potentially ruining her only safety. I'll tell her if it's successful" Damon groans.

"You're no fun at all. Gotta run. I've have a murder to plan. Busy day" Damon hangs up. Rosalie walks out to the dock with a blanket around her body.

"Holding secrets now?" Stefan smiles and walks over to her.

"Nope, just Damon. Being reckless" Rosalie giggles.

"How long are we staying here?" Stefan shrugs. He kisses her head.

"Until everything is settled at home"

***

Damon opens the door and reveals Elijah.

"Good evening" He greets. Damon smirks.

"Thank you for coming. Please, come in" Damon jerks his head for Elijah to come inside. Elijah licks his lips.

"Can I just say that if you have anything less than honorable intentions about this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider" Damon clutches the doorknob in anger.