Chapter 13

It's 7:15 AM … I couldn't sleep well last night …

I was thinking about what happened and what will happen …

Anyway I took a shower, ate breakfast and studied for a while …

At afternoon I cooked the lunch, washed the dishes, cleaned my apartment  read some pages of a novel …

Now it's 5 PM … I almost did everything and that Keita didn't send me anything …

I knew he were lying …

I took my phone angrily …… just then I received a message …

"Are you ready? I'll come to pick you up"

…… idiot you're so late!

"No need to pick me up … you don't even know my address!" I replied

"I do … my cat led me to the place where you live … remember? just get ready okay? we need to hurry"

"…… fine" … I changed my clothes and waited

After 30 minutes he was outside with his car …

Actually I didn't know that he has a car in such an age …

Anyway I got in as he started driving fast

"Can't you drive more carefully?!" I complained

"We're running out of time …" his tone was so serious …

"What?"

"We should be there before sunset or it'll be useless"

……… I don't know what does he mean but I'll wait and see

We managed to make it on time and reached there an hour before sunset

I got out of the car and started walking around … I see nothing interesting about this place … after all he really lied to me …

"Seriously? you made me wait for all that time to take me to a PARK!?"

Leading me somewhere he said: "it's not a normal park … this park has something that's called the lake of wishes … If you throw a coin in it before sunset it'll make it come true"

"Come on … try it …" he added

"That's nonsense … I don't believe in that!" I said looking at the lake … it seems pretty normal …

"Why not? even If it was a rumor you have nothing to lose … right?"

I guess he's right … I opened my bag taking a coin then I throw it in the lake

"I wish to see my father one more time"

I know that it's impossible but I wish for nothing more …

I waited and waited … but nothing happened ……

"I'm leaving …" I said then started walking away when suddenly it got all foggy …

What's going on? I can't see anything …

I was trying to find an exist … but it's useless …

I felt someone's shadow coming closer … and closer

"Who are you?"

"It's me Shiroi"

…… It's the same gentle tone I've missed so much … 

"D-Dad? is that really you?"

"Yes sweetie I'm here … by your side"

I felt something strange in my heart … a weird feeling that I can't describe … it's like these few words made me become alive again … they made me forget about everything bad that has happened to me

"I miss you so much daddy" I bursted out crying

He softly placed his big warm hand on my cheek and wiped my tears with his thump … like he has always did …

"Shiroi … don't cry sweetie … I don't like to see you crying … I want you to stay strong … I'm so proud of you because you're studying well and taking care of yourself"

He pat my head then he started fading away …

I wailed: "Fatheeer! don't leave me ……"

"I won't leave you Shiroi … I'm always watching you … and I'll always protect you … even If you couldn't see me I'll be always there … with you … remember that"

These were his last words ……

The fog faded away too … and I continued sobbing … but remembering my father's words … I wiped my tears then I went to Keita who was still standing infront of the lake …

"Thank you Keita" ……

I don't remember when was the last time I thanked someone … but he made my most wanted wish come true … so I had to thank him …

"Haha no problem ~"

… "Hey … why are you doing that for me?" I questioned …

"Hm? no reason … I just guess that you miss your father a lot so I thought maybe this lake would help you to make that wish come ture"

"Mhm … I see …"

Actually I don't know how did that happen … was it a dream? was it real? I don't know either … but that day…  I was just the happiest girl ever ……