Chapter 18

Keita's P.O.V

It's been three days since the death of Shiroi's father

She doesn't answer my calls or reply to my messages since then …

I've also heard from her mother that she's refusing to eat and that she does nothing other than crying in her room all day

Well, I don't blame her …

For a 15 years old girl to lose her father … it got to be really tough

But she just can't stay like that forever … at this rate she might lose her soul …

"Shiroi I know it's hard on you but your father won't be happy If he saw you like that … your tears will only hurt him …… at least let me share you your sadness"

Despite of my repeated tries for making her feel better I continued calling and texting her …

After about two hours I finally got a reply

"Don't act as If you understand my feelings … after all you haven't lose your father … or any of your family members … I don't want to talk to you … or anyone … just leave me alone …… it's all over"

I got stunned … and shocked … why is she saying that ……

I don't even know how to reply … it's like she's completely changed …

After a while of looking at the screen wordlessly I could finally type that: "What's wrong with you Shiroi? I didn't mean that … I was just trying to cheer you up a little"

"Why don't you understand? I said I don't want to talk to you … therefore don't call me or text me ever again …… don't make me hate you more"

The second reply was much more harsh … it crushed my heart into pieces …

"Don't make me hate you more"

How could you say that … you were … telling me that you love me all the time … was it all a lie!!?

I can't believe that … just why? …

Why did you decide to leave so suddenly!?

A flood of tears gushed down my face staining my bed as I remembered all the happy times we spent together

She just murdered every atom of happiness in my soul …

And that was the end for us …

At first, I thought that she's only sad and hopeless that she didn't know what she was saying …

Everyday I was hoping that she'll return to her usual self soon …

But she didn't …

A day passed … and it was too long …

Then a week, a month and a year …

Yet nothing changed … in all this time she haven't contacted me … not even once …

It's been two years now … I finally started to forget about her … but whenever I pass by the nearby park I remember her again … and it's the same as everywhere we went to together ……

I talked to one of my friends about that and he suggested that I visit him in Japan and stay there If I felt any better

I decided to do so as I didn't have any other choice …

Fortunately none of my family was against that …

On the first day of my second year in high school … when I just thought that I'm gonna gain lots of friends and it's all gonna be better I bumped into a girl on my way …

She fell down and dropped her phone …

I apologized as I reached my hand to help her standing

She glared at me silently as she stood up by herself rejecting my help

I looked at her face as all my sadness got back and all my hopes for a better tomorrow faded away …

She was just like Shiroi …

The same hazel eyes and light skin … the same beauty … the only difference was that her hair is a bit shorter …… I guess

She picked up her phone to see that the screen has shattered ...

"It's all your fault for being careless" the annoyance in her tone was so noticeable

"Sorry ... I'll pay for its fixing"

"... Just get out of my way" she said as she walked away

She was just like the snow …… so pretty … yet so cold …

I've got to be mistaken … It can't be Shiroi

Shiroi doesn't talk in such a tone …

I also continued my way entering my new school …

As the first period started the teacher talked to the students about having a transferred student then asked me to come in …

I entered the class and introduced myself "I'm Yukimura Keita nice to meet you everyone ~"

I started looking around at my new class and classmates …

At the back of the class was the girl who I bumped into earlier … she looked a bit surprised

"Yukimura san there's an empty seat beside Tanaka san you can sit there" the teacher guided me

Tanaka? that's Shiroi's last name ……

Then … could it be really her?

Did she really forget all about me … ?