Chapter 22

Now I finally know the truth …

Yet why it still sounds as nonsense?

Why a part of me still doen't believe it?

How come I don't remember any of that?

I remained silent as I was so shocked …

Mio came downstairs saying to Keita: "big brotheer I finished alll my homeworks ~ can we play now ~ ?"

………

She silently got closer as her tone became a little sad "did you … have a fight?"

"Ah … no … no don't worry Mio it's nothing … come on let's play"

I stood up heading towards the door as she asked: "Shiroi big sister … won't you play with us … ?"

I said nothing as Keita answered instead of me: "Mio she's a little tired … she'll play with us next time okay?"

"Okaay ~" she said

After that I left returning to my apartment as I continued my daily tasks

Or at least that was what I was trying to do …

On the next morning I opened my eyes to the sound of my alarm clock at 5 AM just like everyday

But today my head was heavy and my body was not responding

It can't be ……

I persuaded myself that it's probably my imagination, but as soon as I got up I started feeling worse …

My head and my throat hurt a lot

I'll definitely feel better now ……

I took the last few millimeters of my Fludrex …

It's the only medicine I rely on whenever I catch a cold …

But it's no use …

My head is spinning and I can barely walk

Feeling so deadly tired I returned to bed …

I can't skip school ……

But at this statue my attendance and my absence will lead to the same result …

Realizing that I gave up and returned to sleep

After having a rest I woke up again to the sound of the doorbell

I gathered my strength and went to open the door with a sleepy tired expression

It was Naoki …

"Hey Shiroi ~"

"Hey …" I replied with a voice that could barely be heard

"Ohh my poor little Shiroi … what happened to you?"

"I'm … not little anymore" I said while coughing

He put his hand on my forehead

It was so warm and gentle … that I didn't want him to take it away …

"Great … at least your temperature is not high"

He added: "okay now to the bed"

"But … I just woke up" I informed him …

"So you didn't eat anything right?"

I nodded

"Okay then lay down as I make you something to eat" he said covering me with the blanket

"You don't have to --"

"Don't be stubborn ~" he interrupted me as he slightly poked my cheek then headed to the kitchen

After a while he came back with something that smells nice

He carefully handed it to me "here … I know eating can be painful and difficult with a sore throat, so sipping some liquid nourishment will ensure that you're getting the nutrients you need to fight off your infection"

"What's that?"

"It's a chicken soup" he answered … "You know … they say that the sodium in the broth may actually have anti-inflammatory properties, and it can feel good going down"

"You sure know a lot" I said as I took a sip

Wow it tastes so great

"Soo how is it?" he questioned

"Delicious" I slightly smiled then added: "I didn't know that you're a good cook"

"Haha cooking is not hard you just have to follow the recipe so well ~"

I continued sipping … "what about you? won't you eat something too?"

"Naaah I ate at home … I was just kinda surprised when I didn't see you walking to school this morning … I thought maybe you had something to do so you woke up earlier but when I didn't see you exiting school either I decided to check on you"

"Thanks Na kun"

He smiled telling me: "stop talking Shiroi … it'll hurt your throat more"

It's just amazing … how there's still people as kind as him in such a cruel world …

I continued my soup silently …

Few minutes later he asked me "did you take any medicines?"

I nodded approvingly "but the bottle is empty now"

"Oh is that so? okay then I'll go and bring another one for you … If you want anything else just call me and I'll bring it to you"

I nodded again …

After a while I finished it then laid down …

Just then the doorbell got rang …

Uhh he should have left it opened …

I walked to the door and opened it as I got stunned … well … and annoyed

"What do you want?"

"Money"

So yeah this time it wasn't Naoki … It was Kiyoshi … my so called 'younger brother'

"Huh! Why the hell do you think I'd give you what you want!?"

"Because If you did I'd tell you about what you wanna know"

"What do you mean ?"

He completed: "Don't you wanna know how did you break up with your boyfriend two years ago ~ ?"