Chapter 17

After the end of the classes I saw Keita in the hallway

"Um hey … what did you mean yesterday?" I asked immediately what's been on my mind since then …

"Hump as If you care … you wouldn't have forgotten about that If it was important to you"

The coldness in his tone exceeded mine … as If he was a total different person … who I know nothing about

"Why have you changed so much? … why do you hate me? … and why did you decide to break up all of a sudden? WHY?"

No matter how much I think about it I can't find any explanation for what he said

And he keeps refusing to tell me …

I hate it when I don't know what's going on

Absent minded, I returned to my apartment and started searching about anything that could help to answer my questions

Unfortunately it was useless …

But I must know! I just feel so …

Despite knowing that I may regret that, I headed home …

There was unusually no one

I headed to my room and started searching in my old stuff

It's been a while since I've been here …

Remembering the memories I have of this place I continued searching …

I was about to give up and quit but I finally found something …

It was the same picture that fell from Keita's bag …

I wonder why do we have the same picture?

"Oh Shiroi I didn't know that you're back  … why didn't you tell me that you were coming?"

"Ah! you startled me mom …… that's not it … I just came to search for something then I'll get out"

Acting disappointed she said: "Umm I see … so … what are you searching for?"

"Something you don't know about …"

or wait …… maybe she does …

I completed showing her the picture I found : "so … what's that?"

She looked at it for a moment "What's about it? It's just a photography"

"Of who?" I added another question

"Of you and Keita … don't you remember?"

Me and Keita!!

"Hey umm … what do you know about that picture? … more importantly how do you know Keita?"

She looked surprised … actually it was more like shocked "so … you really don't remember!? … it must be the affection of that accident …"

Accident!?

"Mom don't mess my mind up more!!! What's about me and Keita, that picture and the accident … I don't understand anything anymore!"

"Calm down Shiroi I'll tell you everything"

She took a deep breath then started explaining everything slowly "Listen Shiroi … Me, you and your sister Tsukiko … we all used to live in London with your father …

It was where I met him … and it was also where you met Keita …

He was the son of your father's friend … but soon he became more than that … he became your boyfriend … you both were happy together …

But after a while when your father died … you started hating everything … you were refusing to eat anything or meet anyone … you were just locking yourself in your room and crying all the time ………

One day you suddenly got out … you didn't tell us where you were going …

Few hours later I was called by a hospital they said that you had an accident … you stayed in the hospital for about 5 days, though your sister said that when she asked the doctor about you he said "no serious injuries" …

Realizing that staying there will only hurt us, as soon as you got out of the hospital I decided to leave the country … I returned here to Japan … to where I belong and since then you stopped talking about Keita …… that's as far as I know"

………… I didn't know any of that ……

Is it because of the accident?

I don't know …… but the accident have nothing to do with the break up Keita was talking about ………

That actually did answer some of my questions … but not all of them …

That was just a part of the truth …

"I see … thanks for that" I said then went out of my room … I don't think I'll find anything more here …

As I stepped out I saw Tsukiko with the same slutty clothes as always … probably … no, surely preparing for a night with the hundredth guy

"Your sister said that when she asked the doctor about you he said "no serious injuries" "

That suddenly popped in my mind

What If she were lying? After all she has never loved me …

I called her: "Hey you! … What do you know about that picture? What happened two years ago?"

She took a peek at it but she ignored me and headed to the door …

Before leaving she smirked at me saying : "If you wanna know the truth you'll have to accept it"

She added: "Heh even If I knew something why would I tell you anyway ~?"