Loss

"No." Mark says as he pulls me out of the office. "She just wants her daughter back." I hear car doors outside.

I look out of the shed to see black cars, suddenly people get out of the car with guns.

"What the fuck!?" Jason yells.

"Run!!" Mark shouts.

Jason gets undercover, i move but kept my eyes on Mark. The people holding the guns start shooting, "MARK!" I scream.

Jason runs to me and holds me, "GO GO!" The people outside shout.

The people left, Jason lets go of me so i ran to Mark. "I'm calling 911!" Jason grabs his phone out.

I look at all the blood and the bullet holes that are in Marks lifeless body. "I'm so sorry Mark." I cry.

Jason rushed over to me and we share a hug, "its okay." He rubs my back.

I hug Jason tightly not wanting to let go of him. "He has a family!" I cry more but its making me feel weak.

"I know babe....i know..." Jason sighs.

I pull from him and wiped my tears away, "we need to tell the same story." I look up at Jasons face.

"What do you mean by that?" Jason has a confused look.

"We saw Mark get shot and thats it." I stand to my feet.

"I've done something like this before bu-"

"Great, then i won't need to explain myself." I sigh, "I'm sorry for being rude but its best we don't get involved." I hated doing this but its true, i had to make sure none of us get involved.

Obviously i would get involved but keeping a low profile is the best way to go. "I understand, but what i don't understand is how you can just stand up after losing someone close to you." Jason says, "i lost my mother and it took me a long time to get over it." Jason stands up.

I sigh, "Jason I've lost many people in my life but i don't handle it the way most people do....sometimes you have to just move on and be strong." I still want to cry but i won't let myself fall down that hole, never again.

"Have you ever been in that deep hole of darkness!?" Jason says loudly.

This must be our first fight since dating, "I've been there more than once Jason, but we have no time to argue....i need you to man up and help your girlfriend not bring her down to nothing!" I sighed.

Jason hugs me tightly then lets go of me, "lets do this." He says.

The paramedics and police walk towards us. I hug Jason and pretended to cry, "I'm so sorry officer she is finding it hard to handle what just happened." Jason says.

"I understand, but Ryan I'm glad we don't have to arrest you." The officer reply's.

"So what happened?" A female voice comes from behind me.

I pull from Jason and looked at the female officer, "we saw our boss get shot thats it." I sigh.

"Thats right officer, we were just working on cars then suddenly we saw Mark get shot down." Jason holds my hand.