Chapter 20: Suprise!

December 24,2027

It's Louis birthday.
So the guys and I have planned to have a party in the house. The best part is.....I'm gonna be the distraction. Now, I feel this would be fun. Especially because since Louis was the distraction to my surprise, I decided to be the distraction to his. I've got this day planned so well. He's gonna like it better than the party.

"Hey Birthday Boy!" I say in such a cheery tone.
"Hey. What's up?" He says. It's close to 11. How do the guys sleep in like this?
"Just watching some tv."
"Oh k." He says in his sleepy tone. "Where did the other guys go? They got out on such short notice." He says.
"Well, they went to do some stuff so they won't be back for a long while." I say almost giving it away through my voice.
"Okay." Is all he says. Looks like I'm better at keeping secrets than I thought I was.
"Well we won't leave the house for another couple hours, so what do you want to do for now?" I ask.
He then gives me a smirk making me laugh. After a while, the familiar smirk shows what he wants to do.

1 hour later

"Omg! You could've got him with the shotgun!"
"Well love it's not my fault that they came after me."

An hour passes and we've been playing Fortnite. He got me to get the game on my phone and we've been playing Duos v Squads. I don't know why he picked that mode when there's a Duos mode. But he's the Birthday boy and also the party leader in the game. We play this game till 12:30 and we then get ready to head out.

As I'm getting ready I decided to call Liam to see how the party shopping is going.

Liam's P.O.V

"Guys! Get like 6 giant poppers! We need as much confetti as we can get!"

We're in Party City getting things for Louis's party. We've been in the store for about an half n hour and we've made no progress. It's about 1:30 but we all get interrupted by my phone ringing to Locked Away showing Celeste's name on the screen.

"Hey Celeste!" We all scream.
"Hey how's the shopping going?" She asks. At this point we've got nothing.
"Uhh it's been great right boys?" I say.
"Yea.." They say.
"Guys... Are you in Party City?" She whispers making sure Louis doesn't hear.
"Yea. I mean the store is too fun." Zayn says.
"Guys, you need to get everything. Louis and I are gonna leave soon so you guys can have the house. Did you guys find out when everyone is coming?" She says.
"Don't worry. We'll be done soon and we'll pick them up as we're coming home. But how have you guys not left yet?" Jonah says.
"Welllllll..... Louis got me to play Fortnite and so we've been playing that since he woke up. But we're leaving soon and I'm about to take him to the soccer turf." She says.
"Okay. Text us when you leave so we can finish sooner okay?" Harry says. Luckily no one is in the store except us. Also we're lucky we brought security. If we didn't, we'd be mobbed at Party City.
"Okay. But no more horsing around okay?" She says in motherly tone.
"Okay." We all say.

I then hand up the phone and say "Okay. Zayn and Harry, you're in charge of balloons. Niall you're in charge of getting the cake Celeste ordered. It should be ready for pickup when you get there. And Jonah and I will head to Target to get decor. Meet at the house and start getting ready chairs and the long table from the basement. We can do this guys okay."
"Okay." They all say.
Just like that, we've split. Luckily we brought extra cars.

Celeste's P.O.V

We're in the car now. After telling the guys to stop playing, hopefully they've gotten things done since then. I then text Liam saying that we left the house. The radio is on full blast on the highway. It may be winter but since people left for the holidays the roads have been less busier.