Sugawara x Male Reader

I don't know if I should call this angst, but I don't know...

Play audio when you see ~' ~' ~' ~'

Art credit to Suncelia

Music: Reconciliation;  Artist: Rebecca Sugar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suga walked alongside (M/N), hands intertwined and laughing about a story (M/N) told him about his teammates on the swim team and their antics.  Their laughter and fun were cut short when (M/N) vibrated, leading him to stop laughing and take it out.  "What is it (M/N)?", Sugawara asked with concern when he felt (M/N) let go of his hand and run it through his messy (H/C) hair.  "Ah, I'm sorry Koushi, but can you walk the rest of the way alone? Something important just came up...", (M/N) sighed resentfully toward the person who interrupted the only time they were able to be together.  "Oh... Okay... It's fine (M/N)...", Suga sighed, making (M/N) consider not leaving.  "I'll be able to walk with you tomorrow, Okay? And when we get home, we'll eat your favorite food and watch a movie on the couch, cuddled up, just how you like it, Okay love?", (M/N) pulled Suga into a warm embrace and whispered into his ear, rubbing his back comfortingly, making Suga purr with content.  "Love you, hon", and with those words, Suga watched (M/N) run out of his sight.

~~TIME SKIP~~

Curled up on the couch after their movie marathon consisting of 1/2 a horror movie (Suga turned it off...), 3 Comedies, 2 RomComs, and 1 Action, (M/N) peppered Suga's neck with small nips and kisses.  That was until (M/N) phone went off again.  Sitting up, (M/N) took out his phone and sighed.  Suga clung onto (M/N) well-built arm and whined cutely.  "Do you have to go?", Suga whined, making (M/N) look at him with fond adoration.  "The text was from a co-worker who had a family issue and asked me to cover... I'm so sorry Love... We'll do whatever you want to do next time... Okay?" (M/N) leaned down to peck Sugawara's forehead, but Suga turned away, making (M/N) exhale heavily, grab his coat, and walk out without saying "I love you"...  Suga looked out the open curtain to see (M/N) sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, head cradled in his hands, shoulders shaking.  It took all his power to not run outside, start a make-out session, and carry him back inside to continue cuddling.  Suga just watched in pain as (M/N) stood up, wiped his eyes, and walked off again. 

~~ANOTHER TIME SKIP (lmao)

  ~' ~' ~' ~'  ~' ~' ~' ~'  

(M/N) and Suga walked alongside each other, but their hands were empty and their eyes were averted.  Finally, a quiet buzz filled the air and (M/N) stopped walking.  He hopefully glanced up, wishing that Suga would stop, but alas, his hope was futile.  Suga slowed his pace and as he heard quiet sounds, which turned out to be sharp intakes of breath and sniffling.  Suga slowly turned back to see (M/N) staring at his phone, crying.  Suga knew most people looked bad when they cry, but (M/N) couldn't have looked even more enticing.  They way his messy (H/C) hair covered his eyes, the way his nose would scrunch up, the way he brought his hands up to wipe away tears... It was perfect.  HE was perfect.  Suga reached up, but retracted his hand and walked away.  "Is it my fault?", Suga stopped in his tracks, listening to the weeping voice, "Is it my fault we became like this? It is, isn't it?! Are you going to break up with me?!?! I'M SUCH A BAD PERSON!",  (M/N) wailed, making Suga run over to embrace him.  "Shh... No, it's not... Shhh Shh Shhh", Suga sat down along with (M/N), stroking his back softly.  "LET GO OF ME! I DON'T DESERVE YOU!", (M/N) cried out, gently shoving the concerned setter away.  

As (M/N) continued to bawl, Suga tried to comfort him by grasping his hand, quietly 'shhhh'ing, stroking his back, running a soft hand through his hair, and soon enough, (M/N) loud cries became quiet sniffles and some stray tears running down his (S/C) cheeks.  Suga put a finger under (M/N)'s wet chin, looking into the (E/C) eyes he loved.  Around them, they were raw from the prolonged crying.  "(M/N), honey... It's not your fault...", Suga reassured, still running his hand up and down the latter's back.  (M/N) removed the hand and brought it to his own to interlace fingers.  God, Suga missed the warmth that radiated from this.  "Yes, it is... Don't deny it...", (M/N) muttered, some of the words muffled by Sugawara's shirt.  Suga sighed, letting the silence surround them, leaving them with each other and their thoughts.  

"Koushi?"

"Yes?"  

"I love you... A lot... Too much for my own good"

       "I love you too (M/N)..."

After a few minutes, they stood up, hands still linked, and they started home.

"Koushi?"

"Yeah?"

"This isn't a dream, right? You're real, right?"

"Of course.  I'm Still Here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOkay... That was fun! 
I wanted to make this a Mothers Day special and publish it tomorrow, but the way it was turning, I decided to make it a normal chapter. 

I actually am really happy with this chapter (That's a first) and I hope you all like it too!

Word Count (including this): 870 Words