Chapter 40: The Soldier and the Concubine

TEDROS

"So what's your decision, Tedros?"

Kumunot ang noo ko sa pangungulit ng Reyna. Ano ba sya? Excited lang?!

Its obvious I cant decide yet. Her order is too sudden. I have to talk to Sangria first... and my Mom, shit, my Mom of course! What will happen to her and my people at Sevardosi if I will leave the Kingdom? 

"What will happen to Sevardosi then?" tanong ko na lang sa Inang Reyna ni Scott. 

"Sevardosi?" salubong ng kilay nya sa sinabi ko. "Of course you have to give up Sevardosi, Ted. There's no way you can stay in there, its still part of Zaltalluna. But look, if youre having problems where to go, I can easily arrange that."

Sinamaan ko ng tingin ang Reyna. Anong akala nya? May tiwala ako sa kanya? Mukha nya, baka ipadala pa nya kami sa ibang Planeta. Ang pinoproblema ko ay ang Nanay ko, Lola namin ni Scott at Tatay ni Khalid. 

"Why are you thinking so hard, Tedros? You just said you will do everything for that girl."

"Yes. I did say that but Ive got to talk to her first." sagot ko. 

"Talk to her? And what if she said No? Hindi na kayo aalis? Just take her and go!"

Umiling na lang ako sa Reyna at tumalikod. 

"I need air to think. I'll get back to you, Your Majesty."

"Think fast, son. That girl's execution is nearing." huling sambit nya pagkasara ko ng pinto. 

"Shit." tanging naging bulong ko. I need to think this through. Kinabukasan ng marami ang madadamay ng dahil sa kondisyon nya.

And it looks like running away is the only option. Whenever I think of any other, its really impossible.

I know Im a soldier and soldiers dont fall back. But this time, Im with Sangria, I can just runaway without fighting if it requires me too. Sa madaling salita, kaya kong gawin ang lahat maligtas lang sya.

____________________________

Inabutan na ko ng umaga ngunit wala pa rin akong maisip na solusyon. Of course, I cannot think of anything. I need to talk to Sangria first. Paano naman ako makakapagisip ng sagot kung hindi ko pa nakukuha ang opinyon ng babae.

I just texted Khalid moments ago asking him to meet me. I was waiting for him here in my most favorite fountain when suddenly Miranda came to sit beside me. 

"Hi Ted, Good Morning!"

"What? Nandito ka pa pala?" matipid kong tugon sa kanya.

"How rude of you Ted! Ni isang beses, di mo na nga ko pinasyal, inassume mo pa pala na wala na ko?!"

"Yeah, well, you have no purpose here anyways, so I thought youre gone already."

"My purpose here is to check Sangria out and apparently, she's hard to find and apparently too, I came to know that your girl is your brother's Queen candidate! Wala na bang iba Ted? Hindi ka na lang pumili ng ibang babae!"

"He's just stealing what's mine!"

"And you know what's odd too? He has no idea you and Sangria are a couple. Kayo ba talaga? I mean I talked to him last night. And dont worry though, I didnt say anything to him! But he really has no idea! So, have you talked to the girl yet?"