Chapter 41: The Escape

TEDROS

"So Lord General? What is our next step?"

"Lord General?"

"Hey Lord General, I said!"

"LUH, HUY TEDROS, ANU NA!!"

"Yes!" biglang bulalas ko kay Ravan. 

"Anong Yes ka diyan?" kunot ng noo nya sa akin. "Ang tinatanong ko, anong susunod na gagawin, tapos Yes?" pambabara pa nya.

Nailing na lang ako sa mga pinagsasabi nya pagkatapos. Kanina pa kasi ako nakatingin kay Sangria.

Eversince Ravan gave his blessing to us, she is not reacting. She just looks down as if doubting Ravan and I's plan, not agreeing to everything we had decided.

"Sangre.." hawak ko sa kamay ng babae. "Trust me on this, okay? I love you so much, I will put my life on the line just to protect you."

"Sinabi mo rin yan dati." sipat nya at tingin ng matalim sa mga mata ko. "Hindi naman totoo, wag ka ngang paasa." 

"Sangre, Im a human, I make bad decisions, but please allow me to make it up to you." 

"Easy for you to say, you arent the broken one here!"

"Of course I am damn broken-"

"Hey! Stop fighting!" awat ni Ravan sa amin. "Wag nga kayong magtalo kung sinong mas wasak? Can we just please talk about the plan? What is the next step, General?" baling nya ng tingin sa akin.

"Well, I will go to the former Queen. To tell her my decision."

"And?"

"And I will give her my terms. About my plans on what's gonna happen to Sevardosi." 

"Okay, then once youre out of the Kingdom gates, where will you two go?"

"Ive got somewhere in mind, dont worry." kibit balikat ko sa lalaki.

"Hey I need to know where you two are going!"

"I will tell you soon! I still have to contact my guy there!"taas ko ng kamay para pakalmahin sya.

"Okay fine! Then how sure are you about the Queen? There's a chance that she will be murdering you once youre out of the Kingdom."

"Ive thought about that, that's why I will say my terms to the Queen, something like an insurance thing."

"Alright then." tango ni Ravan tapos ng mga sinabi ko. "Mukhang napag-isipan mo na naman to."

"Yes, I already did. Once Ive known Sangria is in trouble, Ive dropped everything about me and thought she's all that matters."

"Kota ka na sa pasikat, actually." pambabara nanaman sa akin ni Ravan na may halong ngisi.

"Sangre." baling ko ulit sa babae. "Get ready for our departure anytime, okay?" 

Hindi na sumagot ang babae at nailing na lang. Tinigasan ko na lang ang puso ko sa pagkakataong ito dahil kanina pa nito gustong bumigay.

I really wanted to breakdown from the hurt but I cant do that, like I said, Sangria is all that matters. The least of my concern now are my feelings. I have to understand every bit of her emotion and forget about mine.

Tumingin na lang ako kay Ravan at tinapik sya sa balikat. 

"Thank you for trusting me on this, I'll go to the Queen now."