Chapter 6: A fabulous Friend

NP: Army by Ellie Goulding

It has been about 1 week since the CEO conduct his rounds. I learned that he fired almost 30 people that day. I am sure I should be one of them but miraculously I am not included.

Eric and Mark are over the moon because their salary increased to $20,000.

After the CEO left they are summoned on the 80th floor. I was sweating bullets at that time. I am scared for them.

I was a wreck waiting inside the mail room. The anticipation is killing me.

After 20min of waiting they cameback with big smiles on their faces and hugged the life out of me.

They told me the great news that they got a raise. I am so happy for them. Maybe if I work hard I'll get a raise too.

I arrange the documents that will be deliverd to the 80th floor. On one post it I right

"Dear Mr. CEO

Thank you for increasing the salary of my friends😄"

Of course I hide that post it in between each documents. Someone might see it and it will be embarassing. I'm not really sure if the CEO read my notes. I know that one of his secretary recieves this files but maybe he will see this. I am just hoping.

I phoned Teddy to inform him I need something to deliver to the CEO's floor. I waited in front of the elevator. After 5 min of waiting he arrived and I am in the act of giving the files to him but he told me something that shakes me to the core.

Yes. You've read it right. That intense.

"I am sorry Ella I can not deliver your files anymore. You need to be the one who bring all the files upstairs."

I begged him to change his mind but he stubbornly says NO.

How can I fulfill my mission to not see the CEO again ever?
I psych myself that I will just give this files to his secretaries. No need to meet him.

Why am I nervous? Its not like I did something wrong. I'll just hand the files why am I a wreck?

I gather my courage and step on the elevator.

Teddy input the code and less than five minutes I did not even complete one cycle of breathing I arrive at the 80th floor.

I step out of the elevator and look around. This floor is so elegant. It has chandelier. The carpet is black. The motif is like monochrome there is a combination of white, black, gray and biege. There are paintings lined on the wall. This room is intimidating as hell.

I take a deep breath and approach the granite desk that a few inches more it is taller than me.

There is no one. Are they on a break? Or in a meeting?I look at my clock and it is 4pm.

Should I just place this on the table?
I look back to ask teddy but I was met with elevator door. Where did he go?

Then suddenly I turn on my right side because something opens. I didn't even know that there is a door there.

Apparently it is tinted so it looks like you are seeing a wall but in fact there is a door right there.

I hold my breath hoping that the secretary is the one getting out of the room but No. In my guts I know it is not his secetary.

I can hear his commanding voice probably scolding someone on his phone.

Then I see him stepping out of the room. He wears a black suit with blue inner.