Chapter 17: Furious

Chapter 17: Furious

We arrive at my apartment building after twenty minutes. We went out of the car and Gideon skeptically looked at his surroundings. I know that he can see my old apartment building that can be a world heritage site or a haunted building. A green trash bin with full of garbage. Littered alley way. He looked around as if to assess if this area is safe and if he is still in New York.

"Don't worry. Crime is not popular in this area." As if the Gods are mocking me. A police siren could be heard in a distance. He just raised his perfect eyebrow at me as if to say 'really?'

I stand awkwardly. What is the proper etiquette in this situation? This the first time a guy accompanied me back to my house. What should I do? I decided I should ask him. That is the Polite way. I pat myself on the back on how smart my idea is.

"What should I do in this situation? Should I invite you in for drinks?"

Again, he just raised his eyebrow. What is wrong with his eyebrows. It is like always perpetually raised when we are talking.

"You know what Ella? If I didn't know you. I will think that you have an ulterior motive that's why you are inviting me to go inside your apartment."

"Huh? What is wrong in inviting you inside my apartment? "

He just chuckled.

"so innocent. Lead the way madam"

He takes my bag from the driver and he guides me inside the building. As we make our way through the stairs. I cringe every time the stairs creak. I think it is a bad idea to invite him. He didn't say anything, but I can hear him muttering. I catch the word doorman and elevator. Finally, we reach my unit and I opened it using the key under the doormat.

I opened the door and as we enter, I know that Gideon is inspecting our whole house. I am proud of our apartment because even if it is small it is cozy and clean.

"Do you want to see my room?"

He gave me a funny look and just slowly nod his head.

I look at him weirdly and grabbed my bag from his hands. I opened my room and sit on the bed. Gideon just stands on the doorway.

"Your room is small."

I look around and yes, indeed my room is small, but it is enough.

"It's okay. In fact, this room is the same size as my apartment back in the stateside. Feels like home minus my noisy neighbors."

"Where is your roommate?" He asked.

"Scar? Uhmm let me check when will she be back." I stand on my bed and went out of my room. Gideon is following me to the kitchen. I approach the fridge and look at the calendar that is attached on our fridge's door.

"It seems that she will be back on Saturday."

"Saturday? That's 5 days from now since it is Monday today. Are you sure you are fine by yourself?"

"Yes sir" I saluted him for added effect.

"I can take care of myself."

"If there is any problem. You can call my number that is attached to your ID. I mean ANY problem Ella. No matter how big or small it is. Remember the doctor told you no heavy lifting and just rest. Understood?"

I nod. As if I am going to call him. I've already disrupted his schedule for one week. No need to add more.

He looks at me and I keep a straight face just in case he is assessing that I am lying.