Chapter 21: Coffee date??

It is true that when you are enjoying yourself time passes by really quickly but here is the thing. I don't want to finish this pretend relationship with Gideon.

I always anticipate his visit to my apartment everyday.
I know that it is wrong and I am a newbie with relationship and socializing in general but you can't help but cling to him.

The day has come that I need to comeback to work tomorrow. Reality will start tomorrow. I am happy that I will see my friends again but at the same time I am sad that I will not see Gideon again.

Are you not sad if you did not see your crush? It is normal right? To be sad?

I tried to sleep but I can't. I don't know why I am excited but at the same time worried.

As expected morning came and I have 3 hours of sleep max.
I want to drink 1L of coffee if I could but I know I can't.

I went to my bathroom and got ready for work. I wear my favorite blue jeans which is my only jeans aside from my black pants and my BTS shirt.

There is no coffee on our cabinet so I just drank water. No time for breakfast.

I went out of the apartment and was surprised because the black SUV of Mr. Shades is parked right out of the street or maybe not. I can't assume that Gideon has the only one who owns this type of car.

As I approach it Mr. Shades came out of it and open the passenger door instantly signaling me to enter the car.

"Please mam we will bring you to the office."

Who am I to decline a free ride?

I smiled at him awkwardly and entered the car.

As Mr. Shades started to drive I heard him say "queen is secured"

Queen? Secured? The heck? I just ignore him.

I really want a coffee. Craving, desiring? Is that even an appropriate word to use?

I arrive at the office at 8:30am. I waved at the 4 guards in front of each ID kiosk and as usual they nod at the same time. How creepy is that?

Like other employees I am waiting at one of the 10 elevator banks to go to my floor when suddenly I feel the temperature became colder and the chatter became silent. I looked at the air vents at the ceiling to see if there is something wrong with it. I look at the other employees on my side and I saw them looking at the floor. What is wrong with the floor? I look at the floor also to see if there is any interesting happenning to it but it is the same shiny black tiles that you can see your murky reflection.

"Ms. Hernandez" I heard someone calling my name and I turn around to see who it is.

I was shock when I saw Gideon is standing behind me and he is guarded by 2 men in black.

I look around me to see that the people are not looking at us but I know they are listening. Who doesn't of course they will want to know why the CEO singled me out of all the people here.

"Sir" while smiling at him brightly. I am sure even my wisdom teeth are showing.

Gideon just looked at me. Amusement is filling his eyes and incline his head to signal me to follow him.

I started to walk on the direction he indicated and he walk beside me. We reach his private elevator and he look at me again eye to eye.

"Ladies first"

"Huh? Me?"

Lifting his brow is the only response I get.

I entered the elevator and Gideon followed. He pressed 15 and the olympus floor.