Chapter 18: Hallucination

Five minutes have past, and I am still standing in front of the Elevator banks of the Olympus floor. I am sweating bullets. I don't know what to expect.

Obviously, this is not a friendly meeting between colleagues. Even a blind man can see that Gideon is furious behind his stoic mask. His eyes are blazing.

I might not get out of here alive.
Why so dramatic Ella? He just wants to talk to you. Yeah right.

My mini panic attack was interrupted by the opening of his office door. His silent command for me to enter his office.

I take a deep breath then shakily walk towards his office. I stand on the doorway contemplating on backing out.

Gideon might have a six sense because he might sense that I am backing out when suddenly his door started closing, from my shock I jump inside his office afraid that the door might squish me to death and that is a terrible method for me to leave this Earth and frankly it is a slow painful death.

I dare to look where Gideon is, and he is sitting on his chair casually like he did not attempt to kill me with his glass door awhile ago. He is currently staring at me.

Maybe he is attempting to read my mind since he is a suspected werewolf. I imitate one of the character in the book that I have read. She cleared her mind, so the werewolf can not read her mind. I attempted to do that but my mind is always chaotic especially when I am cornered just like now.

His staring is making me uncomfortable big time.
"Ms. Hernandez."
"Yes sir!"
"Come here."
I step two times forward.
"Closer"
I step two times forward again.
"Don't make me come and grab you Ms. Hernandez."
At his threat I walk in front of his table. We are now 2 feet apart.

"Would you care to explain why are you in my building?"

"Because I work here?" I dumbly reply.
"Try again." Try again? What does he want me to say?

"Sir. What is the problem?" He seems triggered by my question because he suddenly leans on his desk and looks at me like I killed his cat or dog. Either of those two.

"You are asking me Ms. Hernandez what is the problem? You are the problem. I clearly remember that you got discharge yesterday right?"
I just nod in response.

"And I know the employee booklet from cover to cover that it clearly states that the employee that undergoes medical emergencies or surgeries are entitled to have a 1 month paid leave. So, tell me Ms. Hernandez why are you here again in my building when clearly you fall under the aforementioned category?"

I gulp in response. I cannot rebut because I know that he is correct.
Maybe if I tell him the truth his anger will ease.

"I am sorry sir to disobey your company rules. I decided to go to work because I have nothing to do in my house and I am guilty that my workmates are doing all my work. I think that resting for a week is enough already and my wound is already ok that's why I decided to go to work."

"What did the doctor instructed? Did you understand what your surgeon told you yesterday? Clearly you don't because you are standing in front of me right now. I am so mad Ella I don't know what to do with you. You clearly need a round the clock guidance."

I look down because of shame. I did not predict that this will happen. I thought it is not really a big deal, but apparently it is.

"Since you gave me no choice. Ms. Ella Hernandez you are suspended for 3 weeks effective now."

From shock I look at Gideon. What? Suspension? This situation escalated so quickly.

"Suspension? You can't do that." I said to him in disbelief.