Chapter 1: The First Time I Met Her (Troy)

Troy

(Past)

 "Zeke, if this is another attempt to get into a another girl's pants, I'm doing it anymore. I'm trying to run a business here not your own personal brothel."

Zeke strolled in my office like he owned the damn place. He acted like he did. I blamed our parents. They spoiled the kid. He never had to work for anything in his life. I built this place from the ground up and I'd be damned if I saw him do anything to run it into the ground.

I built a stage with my own bare hands so him and his band could play, and I could keep him out of trouble, but it didn't stop him from sticking his dick in anything with a vagina. I had a feeling that's what this was about.

His lip turned up. "It's for a friend."

I cradled my head.

"Brittany's friend is new in town, she wanted me to ask."

Brittany. Zeke's repeat lay, which translated as his girlfriend, but she had to know their were others, if she didn't the whole town knew. I was all for sleeping around, after my divorce was final I flirted with any hot young thing that would flirt back, and if they wanted me they got me, but at least I could be honest that it wouldn't go beyond that. Zeke through out 'love' like ones at a strip club. I would blame it on him being young desperate and stupid, but even I knew that 'l' bomb was no joke. I didn't touch that anymore. Leona messed me up for women everywhere.

"Come on, she's Brits neighbor. She doesn't know anybody." He plopped down on the chair twisting the cap off his water. "She's cool."

"And you want to sleep with her."

"Can you keep your voice down?"

I sat up. "She's in the dining room isn't she?"

"What? I told her to come by around closing."

I covered my mouth. "So now you're the hiring manager? Now I need to put you on the payroll now."

Zeke rolled his eyes. Leaning back in the seat. I knew his routines. He would beg me to give them separate shifts so he could flirt with them on opposing shifts. I should have just told her to head for the hills. I stood up and made my way into the empty dining area. The place was closed but I was sure Zeke told her to wait. Zeke just lounged in my office while I did his dirty work. Like his big brother Trusty Troy.

I looked over by the door and her eyes found mine. She shot up. "Hi." She offered her hand.

I blew out a breath striding up to her. She wasn't bad looking. I could see why Zeke would be interested. She wore a bear of faded jeans, and a small tank top that hugged her womanly frame and a light sweater over it. Normally no one wore sweaters, but it made her look a little more modest and it was thin so she didn't look like she was roasting in the evening sun. Her hair was even pulled up in a pony-tail as her curly honey colored hair cascaded to her shoulders. She looked about seventeen, eighteen, about Zeke's age. As for his type. She looked a little out of his league. Her elongated put me in the mindset of a swan. Her eyes were like an endless ocean. Hypnotizing. I had to catch myself from staring too long.

I snapped back into myself offering a hand. "Troy Walker, I own this establishment."

She slid a piece of paper in my hands, as I studied it I realized it was a resume. None of his airheads had a resume, I like this girl already.

I gestured toward the table as I studied it, reading the name across the top and sitting down. Scarlett Ducote."You have any waitressing experience?" I asked scratching my heavy stubble, realizing it was time for me to shave.